• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Mmmm...

Northern Monk - Mango Lassi Heathen IPA 7.2%
Northern Monk - Patrons Project 6.03 Slam Dank IPA 7.4%
Northern Monk - Strannik Imperial Stout 9%
Northern Monk - Patrons Project 9.01 Captain North IPA 6%
Northern Monk - Russian Star Imperial Stout 9%
Hope - Tropical Sour 4.5%
Hope - Tropical IPA 6.5%
Siren - Middle Finger Discount IPA 7.4%
Northern Monk - Faith 5.4%
Northern Monk - Heathen - IPA 7.2%
Amundsen - Oceans IPA 6.6%
Fourpure - Deuce Box DIPA 8.3%
Siren - Americano DIPA 9.2%
The Garden Brewery - Citrus IPA 7.2%
Wild Beer Co - Smoke n Barrels Winter 7.4%
Boundary - Screwball Ice Cream Pale 6.1%

BrewDog have a new beer out tomorrow - it's called Slot Machine and it's a 5.2 % red rye IPA.

Anyone tried this yet?

I popped in to the local off license last night but unfortunately they didn't have any, so I filled up with the following instead -

Tiny Rebel - CWTCH (Welsh red ale)
Tiny Rebel - Clwb Tropicana
Tiny Rebel - Cali (American Pale ale)
Lost & Grounded - Dancing With Sceptres

plus a few other bits & bobs that I can't remember.

Can't go wrong with Tiny Rebel :D

Not seen Slot Machine anywhere yet, but apparently it's available in Morrisons, so I imagine other supermarkets will have it in stock fairly soon.

Mmmm...

Hope - Tropical IPA 6.5%

tenor.gif

Apart from Smoke 'n' Barrels. You can keep that!

Slot Machine in my local Morrisons so I have bought some but not tried it yet. Brewdog are overtaking everything in my local Morrisons which is a bit of a shame as they used to be more diverse.

Speaking of Morrison's, I *think* they have the new Maiden beer - Hallowed (6.0 % Belgium style) going for £1.25.

Slot Machine in Brewdog bars in leeds.

I haven't tried it (not a big lover of ryes), but I have tried both Mr President (Imperial IPA) and Native Son IPA.

Speaking of Morrison's, I *think* they have the new Maiden beer - Hallowed (6.0 % Belgium style) going for £1.25.

Confirmed. Also picked up a bottle of St Peter's Plum Porter (seems it's beer festival week again).

Mmmm...

Hope - Tropical IPA 6.5%
This batch Mango Lassi Heathen is better than the original. Less sweetness and more Heathen.

Slam Dank is excellent as is the new batch Strannik. Captain North is ok, whereas Faith and Heathen are brilliant.

Deuce Box was disappointing. Garden Brewery Citrus IPA is decent enough as is Smoking Barrels.

This batch Mango Lassi Heathen is better than the original. Less sweetness and more Heathen.

Slam Dank is excellent as is the new batch Strannik. Captain North is ok, whereas Faith and Heathen are brilliant.

Deuce Box was disappointing. Garden Brewery Citrus IPA is decent enough as is Smoking Barrels.

That will influence my drinking order a fair bit.

tenor.gif

Apart from Smoke 'n' Barrels. You can keep that!

I seem to remember really enjoying a bottle of that last year, looking forward to this one! Just wish Cloudwater would knock out a Winter Wheat this year.

Got one from BeerBods Plus but not cracked it yet. They had it in the Arena Theatre last night so I had a try of my mates. Nah. Just don't like smoked beers. Perhaps paired with some food, but on it's own is just wrong. Smells like sausages.

Aye, it's an acquired taste so no surprise it's not one for everybody!

Got one from BeerBods Plus but not cracked it yet. They had it in the Arena Theatre last night so I had a try of my mates. Nah. Just don't like smoked beers. Perhaps paired with some food, but on it's own is just wrong. Smells like sausages.

Have you not tried Coffee & Cigarettes? Fucking love that’s stuff.

Have you not tried Coffee & Cigarettes? Fucking love that’s stuff.

Nope, never had the chance. Slater's smoked porter on cask is about as good as it gets for me on the smoked beer front.

I’ll have a look on Brewdog see if they’ve still got some if you want, think I’ve got a bottle on the shelf.

Not a fan myself and yes I get the sausage smell too. I wouldn't buy it again.

Back