• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Just had a glass of Cad in darkest Lincolnshire. Very nice as well. They have had some very pleasant guest beers this year.

bf5c8942cc71d935bb48f06a867ae58f.jpg

The wife got me some of these (motorhead road crew) earlier when we went shopping. They're quite nice and probably would by more of them.

(picture too big)

That should be pretty good as long as it's not just their core range, supermarket stuff. How many craft keg lines do they have at the Hogs? Brewdog don't make any cask beer, so I'm presuming the tap takeover is limited to the keg taps?

Got a friend who works at Hogs, pinched this picture of the amount of beer they have in for the Brewdog takeover, obviously expecting a decent weekend. Don't know how to make picture bigger, apologies.

brewdog.jpg

Got a friend who works at Hogs, pinched this picture of the amount of beer they have in for the Brewdog takeover, obviously expecting a decent weekend. Don't know how to make picture bigger, apologies.

View attachment 1900

I didn't realise until the other day that this Brewdog takeover is happening when I'm up in Manchester for IndyManBeerCon (which looks absolutely incredible!!). Shame really as it will probably be one of the better beer focused events to happen in the city for a long time. I mean why the fuck have Slaters never done any TTO or Meet The Brewer events???

Brewdog get a tough wrap for all corners of the beer world. Traditionalists think they're a bunch of hipsters, hipsters think they're too mainstream/corporate, CAMRA hate them, beer snobs hate them, pub drinkers drinkers think they're too expensive, home drinkers see them as supermarket sell-outs, and no-one likes their marketing strategies!

But, ultimately, most of what I drink from them is pretty damn good, and they're well known enough to attract the beer-curious types into drinking better beer. I really hope it's a success!

Oh, and talking of Manchester - any tips on good places to eat not too far from the station?

Slaters is shit, a real disappointment.

Stuck my head in the Hogs earlier to see if the Brewdog taps were on yet but wishful thinking. Resisted nipping into the London for a couple of quick cans of Clwb Tropicana as well, silly me.

Cheers. I'm off for a 'doze' soon. I reckon that I've earned it.

Absolutely cracking micro-brewery who could give Cloudwater/Verdant/NMBCo a hell of a run for your money. They won't let vote me sadly (Si camp). I'm off to Barca/Las Palmas tomorrow arvo instead.

Back