• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

:icon_lol: Clearly I am tuning into the same wavelength as you lot....#scareythought

Just for the record - The wooden stools don't bother me....just prefer a seat (old man, bad back etc) but it won't stop me returning, neither will Yarp Boyo. Actually jealous of where he is now living. Within 5 mins of my house I have a couple of shit pubs he has a whole city centre full of cracking places.

You still not warming to The Pan?!

Thrornbridge Tart, not really sure what to make of it.
Sours take a few goes to get into. Worth it though. Tart is one of the more accessible ones. More for a sunny afternoon, IMO.

Currently supping a Black Iris - Divine Elements Mosaic IPA. Fucking brilliant. Hoppy, juicy, soft with just a touch of bitterness on the finish.

f66ae16a40ce7f34b3fd47a139ac9cdf.jpg

Sours take a few goes to get into. Worth it though. Tart is one of the more accessible ones. More for a sunny afternoon, IMO.
It's not unpleasant but just doesn't taste anything like a beer, tastes more like a bitter version of Lilt!

I was saving it for a sunny day, my usual fondness for stouts and porters doesn't really suit that setting, but it was the only beer in the fridge so my mind was made up.

Sours and goses don't taste like anything else out there tbf.

Walking back to his digs, spotted this place - http://www.smallbar.co.uk/cardiff/

Hoping to get down to see the lad in October but will stay overnight this time. A lot of choice in Cardiff indeed.

As has been mentioned once or twice, Small Bar I'd fucking ace. It's been a couple of years since I was in the Bristol one and I miss it, wish there was one round here.

BrewDog have a new beer out tomorrow - it's called Slot Machine and it's a 5.2 % red rye IPA.

Oooh, I love me a Red Rye IPA.... Hope this is their Autumn seasonal for the supermarkets.

Little shop in St Ives had a decent selection of drinks so purchased these to help pass the evening (shitty weather here today after some glorious weather since the weekend)

Had the Gamma before but the rest are new to me

21687467_10155792670319443_3862136567504133037_n.jpg

BrewDog have a new beer out tomorrow - it's called Slot Machine and it's a 5.2 % red rye IPA.

This sounds great. Is it seasonal i.e. available in Supermarkets like Hop Fiction etc, or only available on their website?

Just checked, it's a seasonal offering, so should hit most supermarkets. Will stock up on that.

Had a a pint of Tiny Rebel Cali last night - not seen it before on tap, was a really lovely pint.

Little shop in St Ives had a decent selection of drinks so purchased these to help pass the evening (shitty weather here today after some glorious weather since the weekend)

Neck oil is great.

Had a a pint of Tiny Rebel Cali last night - not seen it before on tap, was a really lovely pint.

Had a can of that over the weekend. Top quality APA.

Electric Bear are excellent too. Nice haul.

Back