• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Decent stuff still on Beer Hawk so gave them a try with 10% off.

To Øl Mochaccino Messiah
Tiny Rebel Clwb Tropicana x 2
Buxton Guatemalan Coffee Extra Porter
To Øl Hibernate
Weird Beard Sorachi Face Plant
Buxton Axe Edge x 2
To Øl First Frontier
Northern Monk Hit The North Coffee Black IPA
To Øl Sur Simcoe
Mondo Coco Loco
North Brewing Co. Hit the North White Coffee IPA
To Øl Sur Sorachi Ace
8 Wired Flat White Coffee Milk Stout
Mondo Brewing Kemosabe IPA
Oskar Blues IPA
Modern Times Black House

I had a couple of Oskar Blues beers from Tesco at the weekend (Dales and IPA) and I was really impressed with them.

Having said that I could pickle myself in Clwb Tropicana, it's beautiful.

I think I'm the only one who's not a fan of Clwb Tropicana. Just tastes like sherbert to me.

I think I'm the only one who's not a fan of Clwb Tropicana. Just tastes like sherbert to me.

I felt a bit cheated when I found out it had fruit juice in it.

Oh no, I didn't know that. :(
Yep. It's listed in the ingredients on the can. Strangely, when it was bottled it didn't. Not sure if the recipe has changed or they got slapped wrists for not declaring it previously.

Ultimately, I think about that kinda shit far too much and if it tastes good then it tastes good.

I prefer IPAs without added fruit though. I like the hops to provide that flavour. Feels a but cheaty to put actual fruit in!

I don’t care what they put in it to be honest, it’s fucking lush!

No idea if they are 'beers' to you lot or what but decided I'd try something new (usually drink Holsten Pils and gin), grabbed 3 bottles of Brewdog for a fiver from Tesco. Elvis Juice, Kingpin, Dead Pony Club (nice name)

Tried the Elvis Juice. It was... Way nicer than I expected. I have this idea that they're all strong and odd tasting [compared to lager] but it was nice. Never really tried anything but lagers so...

Elvis Juice is lush, I’ve always got a few on the beer shelf. Pop in Asda and try the Vocation range they have, if you like Elvis Juice you’ll like them. Life & Death and Pride & Joy.

They've got Slot Machine in Sainsbury's, £6 for four cans. Really strong rye malt flavour for those who like that sort of thing.

They've got Slot Machine in Sainsbury's, £6 for four cans. Really strong rye malt flavour for those who like that sort of thing.
Ordered a four pack from Sainsburys on the online shop. Got sent a 4 pack of Punk :/

Bought four cans last week from Asda, ok but nowt special.

Back to Honest Brew this week.

Cloudwater - Pineapple DIPA 8.5%
Beavertown - Dead & Berried Raspberry Pale 6.2%
Evil Twin - Sanguinem Aurantiaco Orange Sour 3.25%
Boundary - Screwball Ice Cream Pale 6.1%
Northern Monk - Mango Lassi Heathen IPA 7.2%
Hope - Handsome Jack IPA 6.6%
HonestBrew - Free Lunch Citra IPA 5.4%
Lervig - Tasty Juice NE IPA 6%
Fierce Beer - Moose Mousse Chocolate Porter 4.5%
Wiper and True - Hard Shake Imperial Stout 10.7%
Boundary - Forever Ago - IPA 6%