• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Equity for Punks V open, think I might buy some more shares.

Those awards mean fuck all. Apparently it costs a fair amount just to enter them, that's why it's always big breweries that win them.
Also, Hoffmeister is contract brewed in Germany. And Yeastie Boys are from New Zealand, although I believe their British releases are brewed by Brewdog. You can't have it both ways though.
And 61 Deep - the best pale ale. Have a fucking word!!! :icon_lol:

Those awards mean fuck all. Apparently it costs a fair amount just to enter them, that's why it's always big breweries that win them.
Also, Hoffmeister is contract brewed in Germany. And Yeastie Boys are from New Zealand, although I believe their British releases are brewed by Brewdog. You can't have it both ways though.
And 61 Deep - the best pale ale. Have a fucking word!!! :icon_lol:

I looked through 3 pages of 'winners' and there's some disgraceful beers that have won. Doom Bar, Ghost Ship, 61 Deep.... disgraceful.

Ghost Ship isn't the worst. On cask, in good nick it's pretty good. Been a while since I had it, mind.

Ghost Ship isn't the worst. On cask, in good nick it's pretty good. Been a while since I had it, mind.

It was piss poor the last time I had it. Just brown tasteless water. Having said that I do like Black Sheep on draft so what do I know.

Award winning Black Sheep, no less....

Award winning Black Sheep, no less....

Indeed. You do wonder where all the tasty beers are in that list though. I'm not sure it's the entering of the awards cost but the buying of the tables at the awards which is ludicrously expensive. And I wouldn't be surprised if winners were 'invited' to supply beer for the event.

I've tried Black Sheep before many years ago. Thought it was pretty bland to be honest.

I'm all for weird and wonderful combinations but that might be pushing it.

I wasn't impressed with Elvis Juice's grapefruit hints either.

I like a good pint of Pedigree, which is always easy enough to find living in Burton. It should be rich flavoured with just a hint of lemony tang. Basically, any bitters with a nice rich flavour with a bit of something else to it that's not overpowering.

Not mad on dark beers like Doom Bar and the like. Lager is refreshing enough as long as it's not overly strong. Carlsberg Export, Staropramen, and the old Labatts Ice are my favourites.

I also like an occasional pint of Guinness. Especially with a dash of blackcurrant as it can be quite "flat" and cold taste wise and needs the extra flavour IMO. Murphys was alright too but it's been a while since I've had that.

A sneaky Brewdog order. No Pedigree, Carlsberg or Guinness unfortunately. 20% online orders for EFPs as well now which is a fucking massive bonus.

Modern Times - Fortunate Islands
Wild Beer Co - Jambo
Dugges - Pale Ale Cloudwater Collab
Fierce Beer - Very Berry
Modern Times - Blazing World
Abstrakt AB:22

A sneaky Brewdog order. No Pedigree, Carlsberg or Guinness unfortunately. 20% online orders for EFPs as well now which is a fucking massive bonus.

Wild Beer Co - Jambo
Fierce Beer - Very Berry

I find the EFP offers strange and does make me wonder what Brewdog are actually trying to achieve as they always seem to be fundraising.

I find the EFP offers strange and does make me wonder what Brewdog are actually trying to achieve as they always seem to be fundraising.

They've doubled their EFP disounts to 20% online (was 10%) and 10% in bars (was 5%). In context it seems a big discount but I've seen what they sell beers at at trade prices (I saw a Brum bar owner buy a round once that would have cost me just shy of £50 for £17) so they're still making a massive profit. Fair play to them I say, they're going about they're business which draws people in and involves them and their fundraising is always a success. Share prices are doing nicely as well. I was a bit surprised when I logged in and found my 2 shares had turned into 20 though, that was a bit weird.

Don't you need 20 shares for that discount?

So that's an investment of just shy of a grand...

They've doubled their EFP disounts to 20% online (was 10%) and 10% in bars (was 5%). In context it seems a big discount but I've seen what they sell beers at at trade prices (I saw a Brum bar owner buy a round once that would have cost me just shy of £50 for £17) so they're still making a massive profit. Fair play to them I say, they're going about they're business which draws people in and involves them and their fundraising is always a success. Share prices are doing nicely as well. I was a bit surprised when I logged in and found my 2 shares had turned into 20 though, that was a bit weird.

They've changed the share distribution by the sounds of things. Nothing unusual in that, can I ask if you got in at a lower price than it is now?

Wild Beer Co - Jambo
Fierce Beer - Very Berry

You've inspired me (plus I won a £150 acca yesterday).

Modern Times - Lomaland
Modern Times - Black House
Brewdog - Cocoa Psycho
Brewdog - Hazy Jane
Wild Beer - Jambo
Wild Beer - Tepache
Buxton - Red Wolf
Haand - Drofen Gose
Pressure Drop - Wallbanger
Pirate Life - Mosaic