• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Ten Dollar Shake. Gets better with every bottle and still easily one of my favourite beers.

Got a few bottles of Oakham Ales Citra from the local co-op - really nice beer and not as strong as some I've had recently.

Gave Millionaire another go last night and really can't understand why I hated it first time round, fucking lovely beer. DIPA v11 was amazing.

Had a couple of beers on tap this afternoon.

Northern Monk - Heathen; very nice IPA and at 7.2% pretty damn boozy too. Not as juicy as some I've had at that strength.
Kernel - Pale Ale; if you like hops this is for you, bordering on dank with the amount of hops and packed full of taste
Poretti - craft lager; meh
Mother Earth - Sin Tax; An 8.2% imperial stout - dessert in a glass. Vanilla, peanut butter, smooth, drinkable, but only half otherwise you'll be a mess very quickly.

Had a couple of beers on tap this afternoon.

Northern Monk - Heathen; very nice IPA and at 7.2% pretty damn boozy too. Not as juicy as some I've had at that strength.
Kernel - Pale Ale; if you like hops this is for you, bordering on dank with the amount of hops and packed full of taste
Poretti - craft lager; meh
Mother Earth - Sin Tax; An 8.2% imperial stout - dessert in a glass. Vanilla, peanut butter, smooth, drinkable, but only half otherwise you'll be a mess very quickly.
Good stuff Johnny. You can always rely on Kernel. Their pales and IPAs are always stonking.

Good stuff Johnny. You can always rely on Kernel. Their pales and IPAs are always stonking.

This was at a bar called 10 Green Bottles in Newcastle and there are 4 other places that are specifically craft here too. No TV's and various degrees of hipster ranging from 'spit and beard' to 'oily beard, lumberjack shirt and braces'. Nobody has gone full 'oiled handlebar beer served in a plastic bag' yet which is a very good thing.

You'd love 'em all but I'm not sure £3.70 for 2/3 of Northern Monk Heathen is enough for you to pay?

Anyone on here had anything from Jolly Pumpkin? Tap takeover on at a local bar, trying to decide if I should head over and have a few beers.

Pompolmecello, DIPA v11, Big Dipper, 03¦05 Willamette & Centennial. What a Sunday.

Thornbridge Ouroboros, Lost and Grounded Another Lost Tuesday, DIPA V11, The Kernel IPA Citra Ella Galaxy and Mad Hatter Foam Bananas. A not too shabby Sunday here.

This is the current beer board at the Wellington - http://wellington.dns-systems.net/pages/beerboard.php

Pump Brewery Beer ABV Price Colour
1 Wye Valley HPA 4.0% £ 3.50 A
2 Black Country BFG 4.2% £ 3.20 A/B
3 Black Country Pig on the Wall 4.3% £ 3.20 D
4 Black Country Fireside 5.0% £ 3.60 B
5 Oakham Citra 4.2% £ 3.60 A
6 Purity Mad Goose 4.2% £ 3.60 A/B
7 Froth Blowers Piffle Snonker 3.8% £ 3.10 A
9 Abbeydale Reveller 3.9% £ 3.40 A
10 Slaters Ultra 3.7% £ 3.20 A
11 Kinver Hum Bug 4.8% £ 3.60 A
12 Ossett Silver Bells 4.0% £ 3.60 A
13 Beowulf Finn's Hall Porter (VF) 4.7% £ 3.60 E
14 Fixed Wheel Carbon Black IPA 6.8% £ 5.20 D
15 Mallinsons/Pictish Transpennine Brown 6.0% £ 4.50 C
16 Pictish Sorachi 4.4% £ 3.60 A
Colour Code A = Pale E = Dark

Is that really that great in this day and age?
11 out of 15 beers are sub 5% pale ales. There's one black IPA, one porter and 2 brown ales - hardly that wide a range considering the marketplace in 2017.

Although I heard a rumour way back when that they were getting some crafty keg lines in???

Yeah I think that's pretty ace actually.

The thing is, they change almost on an hourly basis. And most people don't want a massive huge variety of different kinds of beer all on at the same time!

Anyway that survey was done on the quality of the beer. Which is great there.

Wasn't doubting the survey or the quality. Not having a pop at the Welly, just always thought it's been a bit "how many different pale ales can we serve". Which was ace back in 2012, but so many breweries are producing so many different styles now, seems a shame they don't have more styles on offer across their numerous pumps.

An early work finish yesterday.

Dry & Bitter Brewing Co - Apprentice 5.3% American Pale
Founders Brewing - All Day 4.7% IPA
Firestone Walker - Pale 31 4.9% American Pale
Hopcraft - Corazon de Oro 4.5% Golden
Fyne Ales - Crystal Highlander 4.8% Scottish Ale
Thornbridge - Wild Raven 6.6% Cascadian Dark Ale
Washed down with a couple of NMBCo Communion.
All in all a decent Tuesday arvo.

Wasn't doubting the survey or the quality. Not having a pop at the Welly, just always thought it's been a bit "how many different pale ales can we serve". Which was ace back in 2012, but so many breweries are producing so many different styles now, seems a shame they don't have more styles on offer across their numerous pumps.
Probably why they've got the PO Vaults as a sister pub. It's a pretty awesome alternative!

There's a loyalty card scheme between those 2 pubs and the Woodman. Which suits me just fine.

Probably why they've got the PO Vaults as a sister pub. It's a pretty awesome alternative!

There's a loyalty card scheme between those 2 pubs and the Woodman. Which suits me just fine.

Didn't know PO Vaults was BCA too...

Still belies my point though. It's kinda like a cheese company doing 10 different types of cheddar but only one stilton....

Back