• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Similarly I have liked every one of Wylam brews. Jakehead both keg and cask.

Aaargghh. Just about to pull the trigger on the honest brew order and the prices jumped back up to full! The discount must've literally just expired :(

That's shit. It said the deal ended 2nd November but didn't say what time. Might be worth dropping them a line and asking about it.

I've just been on the live chat and they've given me a discount code. Top customer service!

I've just been on the live chat and they've given me a discount code. Top customer service!

Get in! Can't fault Honest Brew for their customer service to be fair. A couple of orders ago I ordered late on the Wednesday night and the following morning they Twatted that all orders over £40 would receive a free can of IHL. I twatted back could they put one in my case and they duly obliged. Fucking awesome stuff.

BOOM

Buxton - Barrel Aged Rain Shadow - Stout 12.2%
Weird Beard - Black Christmas - Stout 4.5%
Buxton - Axe Edge - IPA 6.8%
Yeastie Boys - Pot Kettle Black - Porter 6%
Five Points - Hook Island Red 6.0%
White Hag - Black Boar - Imperial Stout 10.20%
8 Wired - Saison Sauvin 7%
Howling Hops - Double Chocolate Coffee Toffee Vanilla Milk Porter 6.3%
Buxton - Extra Porter (Guatemalan Coffee) - Porter 7.4%
Northern Monk - Dark Arches - Black IPA 6.7%
Boundary - Push & Pull: Almost Nilsson - Raspberry Coconut IPA 6.5%
Buxton - Anglo-Belgique IPA 6.8%
8 Wired - Tall Poppy - American Amber 7%
Tuatara - Sauvinova - Nelson IPA 5.3%
Howling Hops v Verdant - Uto - Double Black IPA 9.3%
Partizan - Stout 8.3%
Siren - Vermont Tea Party - Pale Ale 3.6%

BOOM

Buxton - Barrel Aged Rain Shadow - Stout 12.2%
Howling Hops - Double Chocolate Coffee Toffee Vanilla Milk Porter 6.3%

Toyed with the idea of ordering these and regret not doing it.

BOOM

Yeastie Boys - Pot Kettle Black - Porter 6%
Howling Hops v Verdant - Uto - Double Black IPA 9.3%

Winners. Uto is unbelievable.

Boundary - Push & Pull: Almost Nilsson - Raspberry Coconut IPA 6.5%

They didn't have that in store last night or I'd have been all over it!

I didn't know they had a barrel aged version of Rain Shadow, I just went for the regular. Damn.

I'll be looking to put a batch of beers together for my brothers Christmas present. What would everyone's recommendations be for the best craft beers available in the supermarkets? He likes a wide range so I'd like to get him a couple a mix of ales, stouts, porters etc...

Can't really help you there as the only supermarkets I go in are extremely limited in their craft beer ranges. Three Brewdog types and that's yer lot. I'd recommend 5am Saint out of the ones they do have though, a pretty decent red ale.

Btw Booz, just received my HonestBrew order and the Siren/Hoppin' Frog colab is a chilli beer. Don't think it was advertised as such on the website.

Morrisons stock Harbour Brewing Co. down this way which are very good. Not sure if that extends to the Midlands. They also have a good Brewdog range.

Tesco stock Vocation, which is tremendous on a good day, but I've found the quality can vary wildly when I've bought it from there compared to stuff through HonestBrew etc.

I've seen Fourpure IPA and Flying Dog IPA on Tesco online too.

I'll be looking to put a batch of beers together for my brothers Christmas present. What would everyone's recommendations be for the best craft beers available in the supermarkets? He likes a wide range so I'd like to get him a couple a mix of ales, stouts, porters etc...

Which supermarket are you going in? M&S and Waitrose do some ace beers but obviously a bit pricey from those two.

Btw Booz, just received my HonestBrew order and the Siren/Hoppin' Frog colab is a chilli beer. Don't think it was advertised as such on the website.

Really? It was advertised as a red ale. Not too happy about that to be honest, that's three chili beers I've got now then and don't really fancy any of them.

Which supermarket are you going in? M&S and Waitrose do some ace beers but obviously a bit pricey from those two.
Whichever has the best range I suppose. Which do you recommend from those two?

At least if I go to Waitrose I can blag a free Guardian and a Latte!

Really? It was advertised as a red ale. Not too happy about that to be honest, that's three chili beers I've got now then and don't really fancy any of them.

Says on the bottle '5 Alarm - Red Chilli Beer'. I know, I'm not best pleased about it either. I just thought Siren + Hoppin' Frog + Red Ale = Awesome, wouldn't have touched it if I knew it was spicy.

Back