• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Meanwhile, I didn't think much of the Trashy Blonde (like a typical bitter/,blonde but with a better aftertaste) Stone IPA is OK and the Lindemans Framboise is Ribena.

Had this last week. Wasn't expecting much as I'd had Pumpkin King from Brewdog and didn't think much of it but you're right, it really is lovely beer.

Yeah I was well impressed with it.

Northern Monk Northern Star - Mocha Porter. Love this fucker to bits, plenty of coffee, treacle and a hint of blackberries. Stunning.

Not a fan of stouts and Jet Black Heart doesn't buck the trend. Hardcore IPA isn't that bad at all really.

Stone IPA isn't too bad either but I find it quite plain all in all.

Never really got on with Hardcore, gave it three goes but never took to it.

Siren/Brewdog Ten Dollar Shake - 6.6% Fruit Smoothie IPA. This is a real juicy banging beauty, bursting with mango and passionfruit which really jump out over the hops. A huge shot of lactose really thickens the body up too, absolutely bang on.

Don't have that on tonight. Just has a Neck Oil and not really sure about it. Silly question, is it this one or The Kernel that's made with olives?

Not too keen on Neck Oil myself to be honest. No idea about The Kernel beer, haven't had many of theirs.

Don't think I've ever heard of a beer made with olives! Definitely not Neck Oil, at least.

Hmm, must have misheard. That said, it's quite likely I'm utterly wankered so...

Moves to cherry reds. Sacre Blew Donkey's years has a nice chamomile tinge to it, chouffle is a bit perfumy and the Mother Earth Kisner is an interesting drink if not a standout.

Looks like we're staying in Cherry Rads... On the 9.0 Houblon Chouffe because reasons. Not a fan to be honest; it's quite plain.

3f355b6bd4cf8dee590a541ccbc41e50.jpg

Serious carving.

Mondo Raspberry Flashback - 3.5% Berliner Weisse. Much, much better than the first bottle, this one has sat for probably three weeks since the last one was opened. Super sour with the raspberries proper in-your-face, it has a really good biscuity backbone with a malty aftertaste. Love this baby now.

Brewdog Jackhammer - 7.2% IPA. Haven't had one for ages and I realise how much I missed it. Cracking stuff.

Mad Hatter Hare of Darkness - 8% BIPA. Plenty of roasted dark chocolate backed with caramel. Malty, hoppy finish that becomes more bitter in the aftertaste. Top stuff.

Stone Go To IPA - 4.8% IPA. Very light on refreshing, tropical fruits stand out against a hoppy, malty, resinous body. Decent.

Back