• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Cheeky little night out in Slaters...

Wild Beer - Fresh. Lovely, hoppy, juicy. Kept on going back to this one.
Wylam - Haxam. A black Belgian wit beer. Not really doing it for me. All cloves and cinnamon with a slight Belgian banana note to it. Nope.
Siren - Broken Dream. Big dark coffee stout. Absolutely delicious. One of my favourite styles, nailed.
Moor - Illusion. One of the best black IPAs out there. Love the hop profile on this one. Marries perfectly with the dark roasted malts. Brilliant.

Wylam - Haxam. A black Belgian wit beer. Not really doing it for me. All cloves and cinnamon with a slight Belgian banana note to it. Nope.
Siren - Broken Dream. Big dark coffee stout. Absolutely delicious. One of my favourite styles, nailed.
Moor - Illusion. One of the best black IPAs out there. Love the hop profile on this one. Marries perfectly with the dark roasted malts. Brilliant.

You are as bad as Boozad. I would like to see you two together on a drinking session.

The trip to Garden City Brewery was pleasant enough even though the choice was limited. All the cask ales (and ciders) were gravity dispensed at the bar which gives it a "Festival" theme.

Cascade Summit - A pale at 3.8 dABV was light and refreshing

Uber Dunkelweizen - At 4.5 ABV was initially pleasant enough, but was a bit too heavy for my liking

Fourpure Seasion IPA - A brilliant 4.2 ABV session IPA. Big on juice.

Hammerton Baron H - 5.8 ABV Black Cascadian IPA. Again initially pleasant enough, but became boring all too quickly

Moor Brewery RAW - 4.5 ABV English bitter. Really good full on bitter.

Pricing was very reasonable with their beers at £3.20/pint and cans/bottles at £3 a pop.

Finished the evening off at the Magnets with

Coach House Innkeepers Special Reserve - 4.5 ABV Special Bitter. It was pleasant enough but not a patch on RAW

Butcombe Bitter - 4 ABV English Bitter. Standard fair.

You didn't have a Common Grounds? Sacrelige.

leedswolf said:
Butcombe Bitter - 4 ABV English Bitter. Standard fair.

Drunk a fair bit of that in my hotel in Bristol last year. Inoffensive but nothing to write home about. There was something ridiculously amusing abiut asking for a pint of Butcombe though, tickled me every time.

You didn't have a Common Grounds? Sacrelige.
I've had it before mate and I wanted to try the Siren Broken Dream which is the same kind of beer. I did have a try of it though and it was tasting superb.

NMBCo Patron Project 2.02 Peanut Butter & Jelly Brown Ale.

Unfortunately not, wanted to be there for their first birthday as well.

Beavertown Stingy Jack - 7.2% pumpkin ale. Much better than the Boston offering, really thick and boozy. Proper pumpkin mashup with an earthy, hoppy body. Light cinnamon notes with a very dry, spicy finish. Brilliant stuff.

Had a white tips by Siren earlier, typical British take on a wheat beer. Quite citrusy but not as much as I would have liked.

Mondo Van Dammage - 7% Belgian IPA. Another great beer from Mondo, couldn't remember this from my über session at Tilt so had to try it again, not disappointed either. A quality full-hopped IPA with just a hint of a Belgian twang.

Yeastie Boys vs Signature Brew Anticipation - 5.4% Japanese rice beer. Pretty decent, better than I expected. Crisp and light with a surprising citrus kick.

North Union - Amber Lager
Lovely red hoppy lager. Merges the style brilliantly. Really like this beer.

Pure Ubu from Purity Brewing Co - full bodied & a really nutty taste

River Cottage EPA from Skinners (Cornish brewery) - a bit light, but a beer to clean the palate

6 Malt Cornish Stout from M&S. Brewed by St. Austell and comes in at 4.4%. Had a pint of Dark Island on cask before I cracked this open which is one of my favourite 'go-to' stouts but this is better. Really nice depth of flavour but still light and extremely drinkable. Might have to get a few more of these in.

Beavertown Stingy Jack - 7.2% pumpkin ale. Much better than the Boston offering, really thick and boozy. Proper pumpkin mashup with an earthy, hoppy body. Light cinnamon notes with a very dry, spicy finish. Brilliant stuff.

Had this last week. Wasn't expecting much as I'd had Pumpkin King from Brewdog and didn't think much of it but you're right, it really is lovely beer.

Had this last week. Wasn't expecting much as I'd had Pumpkin King from Brewdog and didn't think much of it but you're right, it really is lovely beer.
Eyeing that up, but I think we're moving on now.

Oh, and Born to Die is fething gorgeous.

Back