• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Mad Hatter Te Punga 6.5 ABV IPA.

Pours orange with a thick white head. Aroma of stingy fruits, tropical notes, hints of caramely malts and earthiness. Taste is crisp, fruity and tropical with some caramely malts and pine. Finish is crisp, hoppy and fruity with some earthiness and malts.

Kees Pink Grapefruit IPA. 5.5 ABV. Beautiful hoppy nose, very fruity, grapefruit peel, but also some malts. Smooth bitter flavor, initially a bit harsh, but you get used to it after a few sips, grapefruit more pronounced, some malty notes. Lasting bitter finish.

I am not as well educated regarding beer as the likes of Boozad and Machin, and I tend to prefer the more traditional beers.

Mad Hatter, Hare of Darkness. Never heard of it, let alone tasted it.

Verdant/Howling Hops colab Uto - 9.3% Double BIPA. Machin and Lycan would love this beauty. Big, boozy BIPA full of dark chocolate, roasted coffee and dark fruits. Absolutely stunning.

Brewdog - Hinterland. A bottle I've been saving for just under a year. 9% Imperial Oatmeal Stout brewed with vanilla & cocoa nibs. Absolutely fucking ridiculous beer.

They are having a craft beer week at the Baron of Hinckley this coming week, so I will try some of the beers mentioned on here.

Weird Beard - Hops Maiden England - Pale Ale 4.5%
Siren - Ten Dollar Shake - IPA 6.6% (x2)
Howling Hops v Verdant - Uto - Double Black IPA 9.3% (x2)
Silver City - Nice Day IPA 5.5%
Mondo - Raspberry Flashback - Berliner Weisse 3.5%
Partizan - Porter 5.1%
Mad Hatter - Toxteth IPA 6.5%
Buxton - Axe Edge - IPA 6.8%
Tiny Rebel - Hadouken Amplified IPA 7.4%
Weird Beard - Black Christmas - Stout 4.5%
Signature Brew - Stagediver - DIPA 7.2%
Brixton - Hurricane - DIPA 7.4%
Siren v Hoppin' Frog - 5 Alarm - Red Ale 7.4%
Wiper & True - Milk Shake - Stout 5.1%
Birrificio Del Ducato - Machete - DIPA 7.6%
Wylam - Club of Slaughters - Imperial Stout 8.8%

Let us know how you find the Club of Slaughters Booz. Stan Hullis and I had 1 at the Wylam brewery after the Newcastle game and didn't really get on with it.

I also put in a fairly hefty order on HonestBrew while it was 10% off, should last me a while... Really excited to try the Buxton Imp stout and that Howling Hops porter.

Moor Beer - Illusion - Black IPA 4.5%
Howling Hops v Verdant - Uto - Double Black IPA 9.3%
Buxton - Rain Shadow - Stout 10%
Northern Monk - Black Forest Strannik - Stout 10%
Howling Hops - Double Chocolate Coffee Toffee Vanilla Milk Porter 6.3%
Siren v Hoppin' Frog - 5 Alarm - Red Ale 7.4%
Pressure Drop - Cast Iron Billy - Imp Brown Stout 10.5%
Partizan - Stout 8.3%
Brixton - Windrush - Stout 5%
White Hag - Black Boar - Imperial Stout 10.20%
Crate - Stout 5.7%
Anchor - Brekle's Brown 6%
Buxton - Stronge Extra Stout 7.4%
Howling Hops - Ruby Red 5.2%
Five Points - London Smoke - Smoked Porter 7.8%
Renaissance - Stonecutter - Scotch Ale 7%
Beavertown - Holy Cowbell Can - Stout 5.6%
Five Points - Hook Island Red 6.0%
Weird Beard - Decadence - Stout 5.5%

Getting beer envy over here chaps!

Let us know how you find the Club of Slaughters Booz. Stan Hullis and I had 1 at the Wylam brewery after the Newcastle game and didn't really get on with it.

Will do. I was in two minds whether to pick it up or not, I haven't been that impressed with the Wylam beers I've had up to now but it sounded intriguing.

Likewise what you think of the Uto, I think that's an absolutely stunning brew.

10% off in the bottleshop ends tonight, get ordering!

I'll have a browse - maybe stock up for Christmas. The missus is 8 months preggo so I cant' really be over the limit at any point for the next 6 weeks-ish, so getting a load of fresh DIPAs is a bit of a fools errarnd at the mo.

I'll drink them for you and pass on the tasting notes. :)

How considerate....

Just loaded up a basket of 22 beers totalling £65 - ooops, better trim that back a bit :D

Don't go below £50, you get free shipping on anything over £50.

Sitting at £50.96 at the moment....

Will do. I was in two minds whether to pick it up or not, I haven't been that impressed with the Wylam beers I've had up to now but it sounded intriguing.

Likewise what you think of the Uto, I think that's an absolutely stunning brew.

I've enjoyed everything else I've had from Wylam. Pieces of What is an awesome beer.

I've enjoyed everything else I've had from Wylam. Pieces of What is an awesome beer.

To be fair thinking back I think I've only tried Jakehead. I know I wasn't overly impressed with it, it wasn't bad just nothing outstanding.

Back