• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

9bd4a75985eb2718122aaa46ac9aed74.jpg

Inhaler from Magic Rock. A proper juicy Session Pale.

Whichever has the best range I suppose. Which do you recommend from those two?

At least if I go to Waitrose I can blag a free Guardian and a Latte!
Tesco's range is ever expanding. Last time I heard they'd started stocking Flying Dog and Dale's Pale Ale. Month old cans from America. Ridiculous.

I'll be looking to put a batch of beers together for my brothers Christmas present. What would everyone's recommendations be for the best craft beers available in the supermarkets? He likes a wide range so I'd like to get him a couple a mix of ales, stouts, porters etc...
If you've got a budget, and a decent idea of what kind of stuff he likes, I'd happily put a box together from the Wine Seller and drop it round.

Whichever has the best range I suppose. Which do you recommend from those two?

At least if I go to Waitrose I can blag a free Guardian and a Latte!

Waitrose have loads of great local beers (I go into the one in Stirling because it's the only place I can buy Fallen beers despite them being right on my doorstep). M&S have a decent international selection (depending on the size of the store) + they get lots of different UK/Irish breweries to brew beers for them. The Citra IPA by Oakham, Irish Stout by Carlow & Sorachi Saison by Adnams are 3 of my favourites from that range.

Says on the bottle '5 Alarm - Red Chilli Beer'. I know, I'm not best pleased about it either. I just thought Siren + Hoppin' Frog + Red Ale = Awesome, wouldn't have touched it if I knew it was spicy.

Don't know if this is just badly done by HB or if we're just lazy bastards who should learn a lesson from this.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Urgh, I don't have time to be clicking on every beer to be reading that waffle. It really should be clearer, chilli in beer is such a turn off for some people.

I was planning on having a beer tonight, might crack it open and get it over and done with.

Urgh, I don't have time to be clicking on every beer to be reading that waffle. It really should be clearer, chilli in beer is such a turn off for some people.

I was planning on having a beer tonight, might crack it open and get it over and done with.

I do read them the odd time if it's a beer I like the look of but want to know more, but yeah, it should be clear on the items view as well. I'll drink mine Friday night, get it out the way like you say. I'll more than likely get rid of the Chili Hammer and Neon Overlord over the weekend as well.

Fucking hell, Beer Merchants have a got a massive stock of Cloudwater brews in including Cosweisse, v6 and v8. Think I'll be ordering from there next week!

EDIT: And Modern Times Lomaland at £3.30 a can which is a fucking good price.

EDIT2: Aaaah and Double Heathen. I'm going to spaff everywhere ordering from here.

Read a few reviews, really don't fancy it.

It's more of a flavourful, smoky spice than the Brewdog shit but it still wasn't pleasant. Shame as there's a nice red ale hiding in there.

Aah fuck it, I'll drink them the weekend. Are the Brewdog ones that bad?

I do like chilli, just prefer it in a curry.

Can't imagine it's any worse than chili chocolate TBH.

Pointed HonestBrew in the direction of this thread from the posts about the 5 Alarm and they said they'll take it on board for more 'divisive' brews.

Can't complain at that.

https://twitter.com/honestbrew/status/794151263848058880

Back