• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Brewdog have the beers to back it up though - to some degree. That's not to say I like all of Brewdog agressive marketing etc.
Not doubting that but they wouldn't be anywhere near as popular without their marketing strategy. Beers or bars.

You can see the logic behind it. "Everybody else is doing it, so we should too".
They won't hook people who already know their craft beer from their traditional ale but I imagine it will work reasonably well with a supermarket shopper who would like to try something cool looking but doesn't want to shell out a lot money on the expensive scary-looking, high abv stuff from the craft section.

Not doubting that but they wouldn't be anywhere near as popular without their marketing strategy. Beers or bars.

No, but it fits in with their beers, IMO, so I don't really have a problem. Marston's branding is completely misplaced and ill-judged.

No, but it fits in with their beers, IMO, so I don't really have a problem. Marston's branding is completely misplaced and ill-judged.
If you didn't already know the beers, it wouldn't look so out of place.

Personally I don't care what's on the label if the beer is good. I find Brewdog's whole image is way OTT but it wouldn't stop me picking up a few bottles in Tescos.

Speaking of which, they've started stocking it in the Tesco right outside my work.

Ok, but branding is important, whether it influences you personally or not. Especially on a crowded supermarket shelf.

If someone picked up a bottle of "Saddle Tank" expecting a budget craft beer and ended up with a rebranded Burton Bitter they wouldn't touch Marstons again!

Ok, but branding is important, whether it influences you personally or not. Especially on a crowded supermarket shelf.

If someone picked up a bottle of "Saddle Tank" expecting a budget craft beer and ended up with a rebranded Burton Bitter they wouldn't touch Marstons again!

Yeah exactly.

Heading up to my folks tonight so will be paying Wild Horse Brewery a visit tomorrow morning as they've now started opening at the weekend - http://wildhorsebrewing.co.uk/

Let us know how you find the Club of Slaughters Booz. Stan Hullis and I had 1 at the Wylam brewery after the Newcastle game and didn't really get on with it.

I'll let you know tonight, got it chilling ready.

Chilling your imp stout, controversial...

Mate, the missus wails the heating up in this weather and my beer warms up fucking quick. Five minutes after being poured it'll be just right. It's only in the shed anyway, not fridge chilling.

I like to put mine in the fridge and see how it changes as it warms up.

Allanwater Brewhouse - Wee Heavy. 7% scotch ale on cask. Absolutely incredible. Love this place.

I like to put mine in the fridge and see how it changes as it warms up.

Keep all of mine in a really cold cupboard, if it's a dark beer I'll take it out 30-45 mins before I pour it to warm up.

Back