• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Bombardier

logo.png

Wonderful stuff. The good lady has treated me to a few bottles. They will be consumed over the xmas period.

My favourite bottled beer is Holdens Golden Glow.

Other good bottled ales include Timothy Taylor Landlord, Adnams Regatta (though that's quite hard to find) and if the Purity ales (Mad Goose, Ubu or Pure Gold), Hobsons Town Crier (pour carefully as this will have some sediment in the bottom), Youngs Waggledance, Hook Norton Old Hooky, Otter Ale, Bath Ales - Gem.

Depending on your location, you should be able to find most of those.

That Holdens Golden Glow is bostin. They used to sell that at The Station in Codsall by me moms. Hate the actual pub but was worth going in because of that drink.

That Holdens Golden Glow is bostin. They used to sell that at The Station in Codsall by me moms. Hate the actual pub but was worth going in because of that drink.

Susie, I would have thought that a demure young lady such as yourself would been drinking Babycham.!!

:run::run:

Susie, I would have thought that a demure young lady such as yourself would been drinking Babycham.!!

:run::run:

Babycham !! Gnats piss Frankie.

I enjoy and appreciate a good pint as much as the next man ! :)

Shame Suzie, I think it's ok and nothing like a good 'old man's pub' to get the real ale juices flowing. Codsall is underrated for a good pub crawl. Been a long time since I've done it.

Never have liked it Newbridge. It feels more like a waiting room, than a pub . But, they have a nice pint and bostin pork pies :)

I know what you mean about a waiting room, it would help if they put some music on.

I've had some serious lock ins in there going back a few years mind. The Holdens and Budvars always good, I used to drink in the Wheel (sadly gone) Bull or Crown mainly but I used to like escaping down there every now and then

Exactly, it feels like an old mans pub ! Not at all like a proper pub atmosphere I don't think.

I used to drink in the wheel, The Bull and Crown too , but the Woody was closest for me and was my local.

Shame Suzie, I think it's ok and nothing like a good 'old man's pub' to get the real ale juices flowing. Codsall is underrated for a good pub crawl. Been a long time since I've done it.

Ive had many a pub crawl in Codsall over the years ! and yes I agree, Codsall is underrated . Isnt The Cross Guns closing down ?

I'm quite excited as I've arranged a day on the Severn Valley Railway with some friends.

It's a brilliant day out if you like good beer. The pub at Bridgnorth station - The Railwaymans Arms - is an absolute gem. And some of the pubs in the town centre aren't too shabby either.

And the trains stock bottles of Bathams for the way back too.

And then you arrive at Kidderminster where another superb pub awaits you.

The kids will be at nursery that day so I'll be able to sample a few.

I drink in The Crown, The Bull and The Woodman (the latter being closest). All within 15 minutes of my house, lovely jubbly! I did go in The Wheel many years ago with my Grandad but it was knocked down about 10 years ago. Also The Grange went on the well-honed pub -> rebranded pub -> gimmicky restaurant -> closed route and it's sat empty for at least five years now.

I suppose I could walk to the Claregate too if I was really bothered.

I drink in The Crown, The Bull and The Woodman (the latter being closest). All within 15 minutes of my house, lovely jubbly! I did go in The Wheel many years ago with my Grandad but it was knocked down about 10 years ago. Also The Grange went on the well-honed pub -> rebranded pub -> gimmicky restaurant -> closed route and it's sat empty for at least five years now.

I suppose I could walk to the Claregate too if I was really bothered.

The Woodman is about a 5 min walk from my moms. Used to like the Wheel. Do you remember The Gorsty Lea, or is that before your time ? its now an old folks home I think.

Before my time...I'm not that old!

I've lived here for a year now (and obviously been here loads before then as it's where my grandparents moved in the early 1950s) and still not ever been in The Station, I suppose I could just get off the train one stop later and give it a go.

This is how old I am, when I got married first time around, I had my reception there !!

And Im gonna shut up now before I get told off for taking this thread off topic !! :)

I drunk for many years in Codsall, untill I moved away really - I still pop down every now and then, most of my mates still live down that way and its where I grew up. Stands a chance I know one of you through friend or such. I had to move away though as nice as it is walking in the pub and you know everyone, it can get a tad suffocating!

I used to drink in the Woodie too and the ex-servicemans, the Con club and the Legion (basically any pub that would have me), I complained to the gaffer the once in the Woodie that there hadn't been a toilet seat in the gents for over a year, he told me it was because people did drugs off it, I told him I just liked sitting on it when going for a poo!

The Wheel was my home though, I spent way too much time in that pub before they knocked it down, the last night before they shut it down they sold every drink for a pound, by the end of the night the only thing left to drink were bottle of mild or babycham!

The Cross guns in Codsall Wood has been knocked down by the way, I saw a picture on FB the other day, shame that, anyone remember the L shape pool table!

I've got the Nottingham Brewery next door to me. The pub attached always has at least 8 ales that are brewed there and most are pretty decent too.

I drunk for many years in Codsall, untill I moved away really - I still pop down every now and then, most of my mates still live down that way and its where I grew up. Stands a chance I know one of you through friend or such. I had to move away though as nice as it is walking in the pub and you know everyone, it can get a tad suffocating!

I used to drink in the Woodie too and the ex-servicemans, the Con club and the Legion (basically any pub that would have me), I complained to the gaffer the once in the Woodie that there hadn't been a toilet seat in the gents for over a year, he told me it was because people did drugs off it, I told him I just liked sitting on it when going for a poo!

The Wheel was my home though, I spent way too much time in that pub before they knocked it down, the last night before they shut it down they sold every drink for a pound, by the end of the night the only thing left to drink were bottle of mild or babycham!

The Cross guns in Codsall Wood has been knocked down by the way, I saw a picture on FB the other day, shame that, anyone remember the L shape pool table!

Bloody hell, I aint letting on me real name then !! Do you remember the landlady down the Woody, Pat Millard , christ she was a miserable old cow. That's a shame about The Cross Guns, but had heard it had changed hands so many times over the past years and had stood empty for a while.

Back