• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Carlsberg from a tin is not bad, wouldn't drink it out the house though.

Growing quite fond of Stella 4 by the tin too

Carlsberg brewed in the UK is piss water but the proper stuff brewed in Denmark is a decent drop. If it's the export stuff than that's as good as a beer as any of the stuff I sampled in the states. I did find 'black sheep' in the Jekyl and Hyde in New York once which is brewed in Derby and tasted excellent.

If you go Danish imported I would go with the Tuborg which is better than the Carlsberg IMO.

On the bottle it says "Brewed and bottled in Federica, Denmark". So I'm assuming it's the export stuff. Also it tastes good, so there's that.

Carlsberg in this country is worse than Heineken used to be.

Export in any beer is generally ace

Can't stomach Tuborg

I don't drink any cans aside from Red Stripe now. Rather have a tiger Peroni or something sexy

Tiger, Kingfisher, Peroni are all lovely bottled beers. Plus Amstel, actually.

I don't care if Carlsberg is piss-water (which it undoubtably is). Does me fine for drinking at home and the price is the winner for me.

I don't care if Carlsberg is piss-water (which it undoubtably is). Does me fine for drinking at home and the price is the winner for me.

I had a pint of Amstel somewhere the other week, cant remember where i was though, decent stuff, the glass was like a fucking vase though.

Price? Goodness, it must be bad stuff, then. This Carlsberg I bought was well and away the most expensive six pack I've ever bought.

I went on a lads holiday to one of the Greek islands back in the 90's and all we drank was Amstel, it was some rank stuff and I've never been able to face it again.

I do like my Carlsberg export, that Kronenbourg, Heineken and Red Stripe are all good lagers in a can for home supping

Question: is it true that over there in England y'all serve beers at room temperature rather than chilled? Or does it vary from brew to brew?

That's a myth. All lager is served as cold as possible.

Bitters are served slightly warmer but still chilled as people like to taste those.

I went to Batham's along with some others from Portsmouth & SE Hants CAMRA to award them with their beer of our festival award in 1989. You could have no better host than Tim Batham. I see not much has changed. Must pay a visit to the 'Bull & Bladder' sometime soon.

That's a myth. All lager is served as cold as possible.

Bitters are served slightly warmer but still chilled as people like to taste those.

Cask beer is ideally served at 13 Celcius.

Decent pilsner style beers will also be served at tastable temperature. The cold is good myth is an anglo/american attempt to pass off crap heavily marketed 'beers' at a high price.

Last edited:
I went to Batham's along with some others from Portsmouth & SE Hants CAMRA to award them with their beer of our festival award in 1989. You could have no better host than Tim Batham. I see not much has changed. Must pay a visit to the 'Bull & Bladder' sometime soon.

Great stuff. It was his brother Matthew who did the tour for us. Top bloke.

Banks' smooth a great drink. Shame not many pubs sell it.

I quite like Banks' and prefer it miles better than Strongbow and all cider.

I suggest you try some proper cider in that case.

James: READ BEFORE HITTING SUBMIT

He's done that twice tonight :icon_lol:

Back