• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

You mean he's done that mean he's done that twice tonight

As we don't have a rolling pin, a nice cold bottle of strongbow doubles up quite nicely!

That technically counts as spam, I think.

OK Gents, this thread is about the fine ales we have sampled. Let's keep it that way.

Thank you.

Apologies Frank.

Byatt's Urban Red is great beer, a friend from Coventry brought me some when we last met up and it is quite nice. I recommend it anyone.

Just cracked a Carlsberg. It's a bit odd. Gorgeous to look at, though, and certainly not bad tasting. Not convinced it's worth the import price yet, but maybe it'll grow on me. I'd certainly buy it at $1.50 per bottle.

Alan - if you are sampling European lager beers, and you have got a decent import shop, try and get your hands on some of the Pilsner beers from pretty much anywhere in continental europe. They are much nicer (IMO) than any of the ubiquitous Carlsberg, Heineken, Fosters type lager we get in all the pubs and supermarkets. Germany in particular has hundreds of breweries.

At some point, also you have to try the original Budvar, which is superb stuff and a world away from Budweiser

This morning I was given a bottle of Moorhouse's "Blond Witch", which I have never tasted before. I am looking forward to sampling it this evening.

Langers, any tips for bottled ales to buy for the big day would be most welcome. I have a selection of Adnams Ghost Ship, Breakspeare Gold, Bishops finger, Golden Speckled hen and various others but is there any must have bottles I should have in my collection?

Langers, any tips for bottled ales to buy for the big day would be most welcome. I have a selection of Adnams Ghost Ship, Breakspeare Gold, Bishops finger, Golden Speckled hen and various others but is there any must have bottles I should have in my collection?

My favourite bottled beer is Holdens Golden Glow.

Other good bottled ales include Timothy Taylor Landlord, Adnams Regatta (though that's quite hard to find) and if the Purity ales (Mad Goose, Ubu or Pure Gold), Hobsons Town Crier (pour carefully as this will have some sediment in the bottom), Youngs Waggledance, Hook Norton Old Hooky, Otter Ale, Bath Ales - Gem.

Depending on your location, you should be able to find most of those.

St Peters Golden Ale is one of my favourite bottled beers. Damn cool bottle too!

St_Peters_Golden_Ale.jpg

Cheers Langers, I will hunt for the Regatta as I'm a fan of the Ghost Ship although I was disappointed with a draught Southwold I had on Friday night. I had a few pints of Trbute and that knocked spots off it. I've got the Old Hooky and will try and buy some of the others especially the Purity Gold as I like that one.

The St Peters is OK and is normally on offer in my local carrier bags express store.

Cheers Langers, I will hunt for the Regatta as I'm a fan of the Ghost Ship although I was disappointed with a draught Southwold I had on Friday night. I had a few pints of Trbute and that knocked spots off it. I've got the Old Hooky and will try and buy some of the others especially the Purity Gold as I like that one.

Regatta is much lighter and is their summer ale, so you might struggle to find it. I've seen some in my local offy at this time of year before so you never know.

I quite like Tribute - it has a rare quality of being a Cornish beer that isn't shit. I was drinking that stuff during Survival Sunday in May 2011 so it's also lucky!

'Love seeing the tap as I approach the bar' beer - Ubu

'Can't understand why people would drink it' beer - Newcastle Brown Ale

Newcy Brown is fucking revolting.

Back