• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Well, I was drinking mine off Kelly Brook's heaving breasts until I realised that I had something better to do and rushed off to MI6 to check on a secret dossier before deciding not to bother. Still that beer was delicious.

I'm going to drink both of mine tonight in a pint glass, whilst looking at my wife's heaving breasts, fully realising I've got nothing better to do...

Gorgeous! All three of them!

Pulled the last pint out of our beer keg last night. Now its decision time as to what to get next. Which ever we get we will be drinking over the Christmas period ( it holds about 100 pints ! )

Tried a Tuborg brewed pilsner last night. Really nice and nice to have a bottled beer that wasn't fully of fizz and refrigerated to within an inch of its taste.

Got some photos of my brewery tour last night.

The Bull and Bladder - the brewery is on the left where it says 'Hop Room':

67790_10151953786635016_1996247601_n.jpg

Me with vats of beer in different phases of it's life - this room smelled DIVINE.

282871_10151953787585016_1746082701_n.jpg

We had as much beer as we wanted fresh from the brewery tap - the most refreshing beer I have ever had.

281394_10151953788055016_432965573_n.jpg

And here's me getting a go on the brewery tap - I can pull a bloody good pint.

537743_10151953788060016_1651609765_n.jpg

I have done since then. That okay, dad?

I'll think about it. You're letting yourself go, Son.

Jaipur on in the Western this afternoon. Om nom nom. Certainly put the brightener on a fairly wet shopping trip to get paddy junior (second-in-command) his birthday present from a heaving Entertainer

Someone looks a very happy chappie !!

Someone looks a very happy chappie !!

I was even happier a few hours later, but sensibly decided to put the camera away. We even had faggots, chips, mushy peas and gravy laid on for us when we got back to the pub!

I wasn't drunk in any of those photos - sorry to let you down!

I was in the fucking Bathams brewery - what do you think I'd be like - squinting?!

I can confirm just how good beer tastes fresh. When I worked at the brewery on afternoons or nights we used to sneak a few bottles as they came off the filler before they had the tops (crowns) put on. Absoulte nectar it was.

Yeah, apparently Bathams is a 'wet' brewery, which means the workers are allowed to drink the stock. Not necessarily just for quality control, but that's obviously a very important part of the process. And that's a job I want!

I've finally realised exactly why Bathams is as small as it is, and why they are physically unable to expand any further.

It basically boils down to the family not wanting to spoil the tradition they've had. They could move sites, get a shit load more money and sell the stuff nationally, but it would be physically impossible for them to do that and keep the same flavour of the beer. So they won't change how they work, or the volume of beer they produce. It's also why bottled Bathams - whilst nice - isn't anywhere near as good as the draught beer - because it isn't brewed on the premises. Another brewery does that for them, but with different equipment so it isn't the same.

Just trying another bottle of the old beer I found in the loft the other day.

Carlsberg Elephant - Strong Imported Beer. 7.2% and a best before of Aug 1997!

Very nice drop. Doesn't taste as strong as it sounds.

Back