• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I've had a little Oblivion session tonight on my laptop. (It's Strictly Come Gaming night)

It has been accompanied by two bottles of Hereford Bull Cider, a Badger Golden Glory, a Badger Tangle Foot, a Badger Blandford Flyer and a Badger Fursty Ferret.

Good Night!

Went to a wedding last night - they had a few bottled ales to choose from - Bathams (nice, but not spectacular from the bottle), Fursty Ferret, Bombadier and the EXCELLENT Mellow Yellow from Sadlers. Really enjoyed that one.

Miles better than the usual shitty lagers on offer, and were actually cheaper - only £2 per bottle.

Went to a wedding last night - they had a few bottled ales to choose from - Bathams (nice, but not spectacular from the bottle), Fursty Ferret, Bombadier and the EXCELLENT Mellow Yellow from Sadlers. Really enjoyed that one.

Miles better than the usual shitty lagers on offer, and were actually cheaper - only £2 per bottle.

Bottled Bathams is pasturised and filtered by Robinson's in Stockport, no wonder it isn't the draught experience. I was at a meeting with Robinson's head brewer a week and a half ago, I know these things.

Bottled Bathams is pasturised and filtered by Robinson's in Stockport, no wonder it isn't the draught experience. I was at a meeting with Robinson's head brewer a week and a half ago, I know these things.

Yup - I know. Shame it's nowhere near as good as the real stuff - it's pretty average for a bottled beer.

The Mellow Yellow really was superb though - I recommend it.

What is Sadler's like on draught on home ground? I have had a couple of pints down here at beer festivals, and thought it wasn't bad, but haven't seen it when I've been back up in the West Midlands.

What is Sadler's like on draught on home ground? I have had a couple of pints down here at beer festivals, and thought it wasn't bad, but haven't seen it when I've been back up in the West Midlands.

Really good. I don't think I've had Mellow Yellow on draught yet but Thin Ice and Worcester Sorcerer in particular are very pleasant indeed.

I think I prefer Sadlers to Enville actually.

Technically not a beer...i have however found a shop that sells Strongbow Cider, which makes me very happy!

Whyyyy? Strongbow is awful stuff.

Is it now a bannable offense on here to insult Bathams?

No. Taste in beer is individual. Love to know what makes you not keen though, out of interest

Actually I love Bathams (in fact I am looking forward to enjoying my first pint of Mild in ages this Friday). I was just wondering if it was...

Anybody heard of BrewDog before? They've just opened up in Bristol, and I'm contemplating whether to go and get battered there tonight. There are some seriously strong beers on the menu.

BrewDog is a 'trendy' ale - some of it is really quite nice but stay away from the stupidly strong ones.

Any recommendations? I considered the 7.2% strong, I hadn't even got to the 18.2% stuff. That's just ludacris.

I've found some great beers recently, I'll have to remember what they were.

They do an IPA don't they? Try that.

I treated myself to a Tactical Nuclear Penguin, just waiting for the right 'moment' to crack the baby open.

(supposed to taste like shit though!)

Marston's Pedigree, every time..........and Deuchar's.

Love Batham's and Holden's, too, but haven't had any in years.

Nowadays, I drink 'Philadelphia' beer, brewed in Jordan. The weakest beer, here, is 5%. Some of the beers here are 18%-23% ABV!!! Keep off on a school day.

Back