• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I simply don't find it anywhere near as tasty as a pint of real ale. I really enjoyed the Guinness brewery tour when I went to Dublin though.

I did the Dublin tour many moons ago. The guinness over there is much better than in England.

I did the Dublin tour many moons ago. The guinness over there is much better than in England.

People have said that's a myth but I thought it was better in Dublin too. Maybe because I was in the 'vibe' and all that?

People have said that's a myth but I thought it was better in Dublin too. Maybe because I was in the 'vibe' and all that?

It is definitely different. And the barmen laugh when a person with an English accent asks for a pint from the dark side......

It is definitely different. And the barmen laugh when a person with an English accent asks for a pint from the dark side......

The only time I have spent in Dublin was when I had to go there to apply for my first Visa for the USA. Bit of a nerve racking experience, as you weren't guaranteed one until the last minute. You handed in all the paperwork, had interviews, answered more questions, then you had to wait 24 hours until you knew you had been granted a Visa. The time waiting was spent in pubs ! , and I can honestly say that there is indeed a big difference in the black stuff in Dublin than in ya local pub in the Midlands !!

Last edited:
All UK Guinness is now Dublin brewed but packaged in the UK and necessarily pasturised to my knowledge. The London, Park Royal, brewed stuff of old was a completely different beast.

Some really nice beers there Roy - but beware of Lees Moonraker - it's an acquired taste. Not one I like either!!

One lovely beer not featured in that pile was Marstons Old Empire. A really nice pint indeed.

May have mentioned it before in this thread, but this is one of my favourites:

ad1edb8c1ced2f1968c74d34e8d57423_320x320.jpg

May have mentioned it before in this thread, but this is one of my favourites:

ad1edb8c1ced2f1968c74d34e8d57423_320x320.jpg

I can see it's 7% but can't make out who makes it...?
Is it just an aftertaste like a back note of whisky?

Sounds intriguing. Where do you buy it?

Back to the Bull and Bladder on Friday for steak pie, chips, mushy peas and gravy. With a pint of Bathams, naturally. Will be a perfect way to start the holidays.

I can see it's 7% but can't make out who makes it...?
Is it just an aftertaste like a back note of whisky?

Sounds intriguing. Where do you buy it?

Tullibardine 1488. It is available from The Whiskey Shop. On the link it says:

Description said:
This remarkable Tullibardine 1488 Whisky beer is brewed with the pure crystal spring water and malted barley used in the distillation process. It is conditioned in individually numbered oak casks which have been used in the maturation of the majestic Tullibardine single malt Scotch Whisky, it's distinctive character beautifully balanced by the lightness of touch so familiar to Tullibardine connoisseurs the world over. Bottled at 7% volume.

Which to be honest says it better than I could. To me it has a slight Whiskey taste but with no afterburn. Darker than a Ruby Ale but nowhere near as heavy and it's a delight to drink. Sadly I only have one bottle remaining at home :(

Sadly I only have one bottle remaining at home :(

Well, for the season it is, I think you should do the best thing, make yourself feel really good and a kind type of person, and pack it carefully and send it to me.....

Let's say I was going to an import shop and could only buy one six pack with my moneys. What should that six pack be of?

No pale ales or porters, please.

If you look you will find plenty of craft breweries in the US. I'm available for advice, much depends on your location but there are craft breweries on the east coast and further inland, certainly north of the Carolinas. Ignore the multi-national european brands.

Regards

Dave

When I took my kids on what's now known as 'Our European trip', we visited a brewery in a little German town and afterwards over a lovely lunch were treated to a couple of glasses of the product. Well, I was...

Gorgeous, so my advice if you can get it over there.... Bitburger!

Spoke to the mother in law on the phone today - we're driving up there (Manchester) tomorrow. Apparently they've got loads of Banks's in for me. Would it have been churlish to demand if it was Mild or Bitter?

And even though its 24h away, Im dreading a 4 hour drive on the last Friday before Christmas.

When I took my kids on what's now known as 'Our European trip', we visited a brewery in a little German town and afterwards over a lovely lunch were treated to a couple of glasses of the product. Well, I was...

Gorgeous, so my advice if you can get it over there.... Bitburger!

Bog standard lager. It's ok, but nothing more.

Back