• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

My Christmas ales:

599686_10151972439105016_1831992122_n.jpg

The usual pack of Holdens, also the traditional bottle of Kelham Island Pale Rider from my Uncle (from Sheffield) and this year, my brother got me the Dark Star special edition 4 pack. It includes Imperial Stout @ 10.5%. It's absolutely delicious but will knock you sideways so I'll have to be careful when I have that. The other three are Six Hop, Green Hop (both 6.5%) and Belgian IPA which is 7.2%. Don't think I'll be having those all at the same time......

Very nice Langers.

I was fortunate enough to be given four bottles of Bishops Finger. Had one last night, and might just try another this afternoon. I will save my Spitfire for new years eve.

Luckily, father-in-law has a shed load (literally) of beer and we're over there for lunch.

My wife's cousin is going to be there too - I cannot abide the pretentious, self-opinionated cow (I don't mean my wife, I mean her cousin) so as long as there's beer, I'll feign politeness.

Luckily, father-in-law has a shed load (literally) of beer and we're over there for lunch.

My wife's cousin is going to be there too - I cannot abide the pretentious, self-opinionated cow (I don't mean my wife, I mean her cousin) so as long as there's beer, I'll feign politeness.

The things we have to tolerate in order to get a decent glass of beer!!!!

Have a great day.

Just having the last of my old beers from the loft:

5yqavepu.jpg

Tastes a bit like Carlsberg Export actually, but with a bit of a stronger taste to it. Nice though. Lost a bit of fizz which is to be expected.

Just got home from work, opened a bottle of ale I got over the Christmas called Master Brew Kentish Ale by Shephere Neame. Very nice. After that I might open the Marstons Resolution....

My Christmas ales:

599686_10151972439105016_1831992122_n.jpg

The usual pack of Holdens, also the traditional bottle of Kelham Island Pale Rider from my Uncle (from Sheffield) and this year, my brother got me the Dark Star special edition 4 pack. It includes Imperial Stout @ 10.5%. It's absolutely delicious but will knock you sideways so I'll have to be careful when I have that. The other three are Six Hop, Green Hop (both 6.5%) and Belgian IPA which is 7.2%. Don't think I'll be having those all at the same time......

Quick question from a newly converted real ale drinker. Is Glow as nice from the bottle as it is from the pump???

Finest Ale in bottle.

Agree with this. It's a different drink - bottle conditioned will always be a different type of beer.

I love both but if I'm going to have any bottled beer I'd choose Golden Glow.

Agree with this. It's a different drink - bottle conditioned will always be a different type of beer.

I love both but if I'm going to have any bottled beer I'd choose Golden Glow.

I had a pint of Bombardier yesterday evening, and while it was a decent pint, it was not as good as from the bottle.

The Bathams was surprisingly below par in the Western yesterday. Most unlike them. The Glow was tremendous, fortunately.

The Bathams was surprisingly below par in the Western yesterday. Most unlike them. The Glow was tremendous, fortunately.

What fine ale did I have when I met you good folk in the Western. You and Paddy recommended it to me, for which I was most grateful.

Where can you get Golden Glow from? Looking on MySupermarket, none of them seem to stock it.

The brewery sells it, as do most off licenses around here.

You're a bit further away though aren't you?

Actually there's a Waitrose that stock it right near my mate's flat in Lichfield. Think I'll pop in next time I'm over there.

Out of the various bottled beers purchased for the festive period, one that stood out was a bottle of Golden Sheep from the Black Sheep Brewery.

Out of the various bottled beers purchased for the festive period, one that stood out was a bottle of Golden Sheep from the Black Sheep Brewery.

My father in law got some of that - a very pleasant drink.

Back