• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Got tired of waiting for two wins in a row and cracked my Heavy Seas Siren Noire and man was it worth the price ($10 for the pint). Just a little less carbonation and it would be a solid 10/10. As it is 8.5/10 and if you're into stouts that run heavy on the chocolate, it's brilliant.

EDIT: In hindsight, I don't know if Heavy Seas distributes to the UK. If they do, worth the buy, at least once.

Same brewery who did the Elbow beer. Which is very nice.

Will have to give this one a try too.

Robinsons make some lovely pale ales.

They do, ar.

Unicorn is a cracking pint.

Who was it that did

Stairway to Heaven
Highway to Hell
Bohemian Rhapsody

as beers?

They have all been on in the Western by the look of it. Is it Kelham?

Who was it that did

Stairway to Heaven
Highway to Hell
Bohemian Rhapsody

as beers?

They have all been on in the Western by the look of it. Is it Kelham?

Yep - Kelham Island, from Sheffield. Famous for the amazing Pale Rider.

Somewhat beer related but Paddy might appreciate it:

K-Plonk! Store

Basically Kerrang! radio is selling bottles of official Motorhead lager, KISS wine, etc.

Robinsons make some lovely pale ales.

Like what? None of their beers can be described as such nor would they want them described as such. The emphasis is always sweet with a bitter balance that isn't overtly hoppy. I live in Robinsons land and know the directors and senior management.

Yet they sell a beer they call a Pale Ale as well as a few others that I would describe as pale ales.

As well as Double Hop Pale Ale and a few gold ales which can be seen as part of the pale ale family.

Unless it is a different Robinsons Brewery....

Yet they sell a beer they call a Pale Ale as well as a few others that I would describe as pale ales.

As well as Double Hop Pale Ale and a few gold ales which can be seen as part of the pale ale family.

Unless it is a different Robinsons Brewery....

Both are seasonal beers that are new this year, neither have reached the estate. The seasonal beers have had a mixed reception. People in general default to the well kept beer they know. Just my well informed observation. Robinson's just don't do hoppy beers but bitterness on a sweet malty base.

Both are seasonal beers that are new this year, neither have reached the estate. The seasonal beers have had a mixed reception. People in general default to the well kept beer they know. Just my well informed observation.

Double Hop isn't seasonal, it is in their normal draught range - either way, your "none of their beers can be described as such nor would they want them described as such" is crock on both points.

Golden, gold, pale, evs.

In the Daily Fail this week:

article-2293216-188AD62E000005DC-413_634x601.jpg

Gimmicky, geeky, but cool.

But it'd be better in a tankard.

Apparently there will be another three beers released during the third season. Ruby, IPA and Dark/Stout perhaps?

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a particularly tasty beer. Not been that impressed with any American brews TBH.

They should have let Dark Star do it.

Still - the bottles look cool.

Back