• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I get it from Tesco but I live in Cannock, not sure if they sell it natioanaly?

Bah, I was in Cannock last Friday and Wolverhampton for Saturdays game and should have stocked up. I've not seen it in the various supermarkets around Tamworth.

As I posted above, certain Waitrose branches stock it as well.

Bah, I was in Cannock last Friday

Sorry to hear that.

Anyway the store is in Heath Hayes though roumour has it this will be closing now a new store has opened in Hednesford. They better sell it there as well otherwise I will be most displeased.

The Queen's Head in Wordsley finally had Enville Gothic on pump this Christmas eve. It was very much enjoyable but the taste may have been diluted by the four pints of Batham's Mild beforehand...

Do you guys prefer Enville with or without ginger?

Also got to enjoy a pint of Ludlow gold this festive break too :)

I don't like ginger ales at all - my favourite Enville beer is Enville White. Gorgeous stuff.

My dad absolutely adores Enville Ginger though - very much an acquired taste.

Not technically beer, but one of my local shops (okay, Walmart, if you know that chain) just started carrying a pear cider called Fox Barrel. Anyone know of it? It's got a Union Jack on it so I'm assuming it's a British import.

Never heard of it myself.

I acquired a couple of bottles of "Tapping the Admiral" yesterday. I look forward to trying one later on.

Not technically beer, but one of my local shops (okay, Walmart, if you know that chain) just started carrying a pear cider called Fox Barrel. Anyone know of it? It's got a Union Jack on it so I'm assuming it's a British import.

It's brewed in Colfax, CA.

Tapping the Admiral? Is that the same as asking for a sub?

It's brewed in Colfax, CA.

Tapping the Admiral? Is that the same as asking for a sub?

*pedantry*
Fermented pear juice should be called perry.
Neither cider or perry are brewed, they are made. Both traditional forms are simply allowed to ferment from pressed fruit juice by means of naturally occuring fruit bound yeast.

Last edited:
*pedentry*
Neither cider or perry are brewed, they are made. Both traditional forms are simply allowed to ferment from pressed fruit juice by means of naturally occuring fruit bound yeast.

I recommend Healey's Cyder Farm in Cornwall - really lovely place who explain how the process works. They also sell wines, jams etc - bloody lovely place.

I recommend Healey's Cyder Farm in Cornwall - really lovely place who explain how the process works. They also sell wines, jams etc - bloody lovely place.

One of my favourite cider/perry producers is Dereck Hartland in Gloucestershire, who just happens to be a Wolves fan!
Listed here http://www.ukcider.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Producers_in_Gloucestershire

His dad was some character when he was alive, getting a Midlands Today presenter a bit tipsy when they won the inaugural CAMRA champion perry award.

*pedentry*

True, unless it's pear flavoured cider like Koppaberg...

*pedentry*

Pedantry - it's actually pedantry

Is Belhaven Scottish as authentically Scottish as my local beer shop wants me to believe?

Just had my attention drawn to a social networking app for ale fans - Untappd.

A bit like Facebook for beer, you check into pubs and list what beer you've had. Sounds a bit pointless, but it also means that you can see if there are any potentially marvellous guest ales on in a pub near you, or search for your favourite beers and see which pubs are serving it.

Could come in very handy indeed for trips to the Western (provided Paddy and Squeeze aren't reporting back from there of course!)

I think it'll be very useful for me.

T3ch flagged this up a while ago - I've already got it on my phone.

I've never really used it though.

Had a Dark Age from The Celt Experience brewery on Tuesday. Not bad at all for a dark beer that's not a heavy one.

Dark Age beer

Back