• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Spoke to the mother in law on the phone today - we're driving up there (Manchester) tomorrow. Apparently they've got loads of Banks's in for me. Would it have been churlish to demand if it was Mild or Bitter?

And even though its 24h away, Im dreading a 4 hour drive on the last Friday before Christmas.

Just announced that between 3-6pm journey times on M4, M5, M6, M62 in fact most major arteries tonight can be lengthened by a factor of 4.

Good luck with that then Vis as you stagger from one huge bottleneck to the other....

We're not leaving Lndon till 8, so hopefully we can avoid the worst of it. Brum should be clear by 10, and we'll be in Manc by midnight. The only headache will be the M25

Have a safe trip. We used to travel up north on this day. Not this year.

Avoiding mad/cocaine Friday like the plague!

Bathams in t minus 3 hours. I'm going to post a photo when my lunch arrives.

560624_10151964298260016_177263446_n.jpg

Get in.

A lager drinker and a salad muncher with you Langers?

1. No - full pint - I was thirsty.
2. The other drink is the same as mine. Can't excuse the girly food order though.
3. Amazing chips actually.

British food is quite... odd..

Why does that look odd?
I know in many hotels, indeed The Drummer was telling me in his hotel they put 3 chunky chips next to each other, put another 3 across them and a couple more on top the same way as the 1st rowm so you get a neat little stack.
So yes, the chips are untidy.

Personally I wouldn't put gravy ON the mushy peas and the pie looks like a broken ship, but I'd eat that any day in a pub for about £7.

The plate of food is untidy, I'll give you that, but it's not odd Alan.

At first glance I thought it was on a plastic plate, but it's just a cheap Woolworth's one.

It needs a blob of ketchup by the peas :)

I'd be disappointed there was no gravy over the chips myself.

We're not leaving Lndon till 8, so hopefully we can avoid the worst of it. Brum should be clear by 10, and we'll be in Manc by midnight. The only headache will be the M25

Nailed it. 3 hours exactly, 234 miles.

Roads were completely empty. Most odd.

Just had a few of these:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356213969.643480.jpg

Can't beat it for £1 a bottle!

Been drinking bottles of Peroni (not Nastro Azzuro), Moretti and Poretti for a Euro a bottle for the past week. I'm going to require a beer hiatus for a while now though.

Why does that look odd?
I know in many hotels, indeed The Drummer was telling me in his hotel they put 3 chunky chips next to each other, put another 3 across them and a couple more on top the same way as the 1st rowm so you get a neat little stack.
So yes, the chips are untidy.

Personally I wouldn't put gravy ON the mushy peas and the pie looks like a broken ship, but I'd eat that any day in a pub for about £7.

The plate of food is untidy, I'll give you that, but it's not odd Alan.

At first glance I thought it was on a plastic plate, but it's just a cheap Woolworth's one.

Ah, I'm just poking fun at y'all. No harm meant. Besides, when/if I head over to England this May as part of a short exchange program (with Winchester University), I'm sure I'll get well-acquainted with the food.

And, as I've said, the fish and chips that I've had (authenticity unknown) was delicious, so that's a good first impression!

Back