• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

25VxxMO.jpg

Last night I tried a beer called "Titanic" I have never heard of it before, but it was rather nice. Pale, with a slight tang, and quite strong, it is a beer that I would definitely drink again.

Did it go down well? :tumbleweed:

I certainly sank a few. I think it is a local brew. There are a lot of small breweries in darkest Lincolnshire. In Ingoldmelds, there is a pub called the Countryman, that brews its own beer. Anyone passing that way would be well advised to try it. Wonderful ale.

You can find Titanic all over the country - I really like it.

I think the brewery is in Stoke - they do a superb beer called Icerberg (original, I know!) and it's excellent. Was that the one you had, Frank?

They also do a stout but not being a huge fan of stout, I don't tend to have it very often.

I don't like one of them. I can't remember whether it's Titanic or Iceberg, might even be both. But I find them too sharp almost nettle-y tasting.

I remember the local Wetherspoons doing Iceberg and it tasted rank.

But I've had it many times in other pubs and its been really nice.

You can find Titanic all over the country - I really like it.

I think the brewery is in Stoke - they do a superb beer called Icerberg (original, I know!) and it's excellent. Was that the one you had, Frank?

They also do a stout but not being a huge fan of stout, I don't tend to have it very often.

No, it was just Titanic.

Nice beer titanic, can be a fruity sometimes.

They have some good pubs too, couple are in Stafford - serve good beer and food, that's it.

Double Hop isn't seasonal, it is in their normal draught range - either way, your "none of their beers can be described as such nor would they want them described as such" is crock on both points.

Double Hop is rarely seen in the estate and I stand by my description of their beers. I write as a local and aquaintance of senior management over the years. Indeed I was invited to the packaging plant, along with a landlord, to help address some quality issues last year. I think your crock is shattered.
Unicorn (best bitter) and 1892 (mild) are the only beers ubiquitous within the Robinsons estate.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a particularly tasty beer. Not been that impressed with any American brews TBH.

They should have let Dark Star do it.

Still - the bottles look cool.

The best ones don't really distribute overseas. It's a tragedy.

Yuengling being one of them.

Not what I was thinking, but I didn't realize they weren't overseas.

I mean our multitude of craft beers. It'd pain me to go without the selection we have over here.

Just bought some of that today, Doog. Excellent example of the quality on offer here.

In Bacchus hotel at Sutton on Sea, and lo and behold, ruddles county is the guest beer. Splendid!!

Double Hop is rarely seen in the estate and I stand by my description of their beers. I write as a local and aquaintance of senior management over the years. Indeed I was invited to the packaging plant, along with a landlord, to help address some quality issues last year. I think your crock is shattered.
Unicorn (best bitter) and 1892 (mild) are the only beers ubiquitous within the Robinsons estate.

Aren't bitters and pale ales one and the same? Don't they both use the same technique for drying the malt? IIRC Robinsons brew 'Golden Ales' amongst their product range.

From the Robinsons site -
Unicorn is a magnificent pale tart, thirst quenching ale with superb mouth feel of rich malt, hops and complex aromas of Golding hops, malt and tart fruit. It has a long dry finish with citrus fruit notes.

Yes, completely shattered. You said something, it was proven to be incorrect yet you still stick to the same line. I have more challenging arguments with my wife and her tactic is usually to stop talking to me.

Back