• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

It's particular to Köln. Not quite a lager.

Is Kolsch like Grolsch? Grammatically I mean? Are they of similar etymology?

Nah, Grolsch is Dutch, Kölsch is named because it comes from Köln.

20 bottles from Honest Brew to be shipped today. Hoping for some beauties.

Awesome! Let us know what you get.

I was a bit dissapointed that I got a couple of duplicates within the box, but they were Howling Hops Rye Wit, Pressure Drop Pale Fire and Wiper & True Corolios, so not a big problem really!

Had a few good'uns over the weekend:

Howling Hops, Pale XX - a super hoppy pale with a sessionable abv. Lacks a little punch maybe, but has bags of flavour. Loved it.
Tiny Rebel, Urban IPA - Loved this too. Slightly more malt body giving it a sweet balance.
6 Degrees North, Wanderlust Wheat - not a big fan of wheat beers. I find them too sickly, but this one was a really nice example of the style. This one had a clean, sharp and crisp flavour. Lemon citrus fizz and a hint of spicey yeast. Very drinkable.
Meantime, London Pale Ale - A bit of a let down really. very English nutty malt base, and a hint of new world hops, but not enough of either and was a bit nothingy really.
Blackwolf, Lomond Gold - Cheap job from Lidl. Thought it was called Lemon Gold, which would have been interesting, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. It was ok. Just another supermarket golden ale. Pretty thick and floral with some citrus going on.

BlackWolf brew not far from me. They're depressingly average. Got some fantastic breweries in the area, BW easily the worst of the lot.

I love Wanderlust Wheat though, a regular in my beer fridge. Really need to make the trip up to 6 Degree's tap room in Aberdeen at some point, one of my favourite breweries atm.

A tremendous beverage.

It certainly is. They've just opened up a new tap room, but going there would mean having to go to Newport, unfortunately.

BlackWolf brew not far from me. They're depressingly average. Got some fantastic breweries in the area, BW easily the worst of the lot...

For £1.49 from Lidl, I wasn't expecting anything more than average though really. A couple of hidden gems aside it's all much of a muchness. In fact, their own stuff, brewed by Wychwood I believe is probably the best thing on the shelves. Green Geko IPA and Amber Adder Rye Beer - both really hop forward. The Oxford Gold and Marston's New World fill in the gaps nicely if you want something to fill your cupboard.

My brother brought me a box of Wychwood Brewery ale's for my birthday which was a nice gesture.

My 1st beer is Goliath and it's rather nice.

Awesome! Let us know what you get.

I was a bit dissapointed that I got a couple of duplicates within the box, but they were Howling Hops Rye Wit, Pressure Drop Pale Fire and Wiper & True Corolios, so not a big problem really!

Had a few good'uns over the weekend:

Howling Hops, Pale XX - a super hoppy pale with a sessionable abv. Lacks a little punch maybe, but has bags of flavour. Loved it.
Tiny Rebel, Urban IPA - Loved this too. Slightly more malt body giving it a sweet balance.
6 Degrees North, Wanderlust Wheat - not a big fan of wheat beers. I find them too sickly, but this one was a really nice example of the style. This one had a clean, sharp and crisp flavour. Lemon citrus fizz and a hint of spicey yeast. Very drinkable.
Meantime, London Pale Ale - A bit of a let down really. very English nutty malt base, and a hint of new world hops, but not enough of either and was a bit nothingy really.
Blackwolf, Lomond Gold - Cheap job from Lidl. Thought it was called Lemon Gold, which would have been interesting, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. It was ok. Just another supermarket golden ale. Pretty thick and floral with some citrus going on.
I've got a list of 16 in my account which are being dispatched today. Expecting (hoping) some duplicates too as the order says 21 items.

I'll put the list up at lunch.

I've got a list of 16 in my account which are being dispatched today. Expecting (hoping) some duplicates too as the order says 21 items.

My account said the order had 18 items, but I was only eligable for 17 (a box of 9 plus 8 from 2 referrals). i actually only got 16 in the box! I didn't bother to complain as I was fully intending to cancel my subscription and thought it'd be taking the piss a little bit.

Latest Offerings from a trip to B&M.

Sadlers - Worcester Sorcerer
Sadlers - Mud City Stout
Sadlers - Reigndeer
Sadlers - Hop Bomb
Oakham - Citra

Thornbridge---Mini-Keg-Jaipur_2.jpg

Due in stock today.... Uh oh - http://www.alesbymail.co.uk/thornbridge-jaipur-mini-keg

What did you get then dude?

2 x Signature Brew - Signature Pale
2 x Fourpure - Amber Ale
2 x Lervig - Lucky Jack
2 x Buxton - SPA
Wild Beer Co - Sleeping Lemons
Founders -All Day IPA
Anchor - Liberty Pale Ale
Heretic - Evil Twin
Fourpure - Beartooth American Brown Ale
Redchurch - Great Eastern IPA
Lervig - Sour Suzy Berliner
Crate - IPA
Weird Beard - MAC Spreadsheet Ninja Pilsner
Heller - Schlenkerlrauchbier Smoked Helles
Five Points - Hook Island Red
Brookleyn - Brown Ale

Only had the Lucky Jack from the above, so looking forward to trying them out!

Nice one. Apart from the SPA, it's a completely different to what I had delivered. Only had the Hook Island Red before from that lot - quality brew, I am loving amber and rye beers at the moment.

Back