• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Just had a look at their website - that place looks amazing!

It certainly is. Having Bathams as a guest even more so and it is in top condition too.

Just had a look at their website - that place looks amazing!

It is, I posted the list of beers on when I was there recently.

Ear marked Huddersfield away for a second visit!

Feeling shite so treated myself to a Brewdog - Born To Die 27/11/2015. Absolutely insane. Big, dank, old school West Coast Double IPA. 8.5%, crazy bitterness and enough hops to kill a man. Stunning.

Brooklyn - 1/2 Ale. Rubbish. A pale imitation of their Sorachi Ace Saison.

BeerBods tonight - Leed Brewery, Midnight Bell - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/leeds-brewery-midnight-bell/#story

midnight_bell_1.jpg

A rather unfashionable mild. Getting back into my darker ales (although it's more the amber/rye variant I've been drinking) - must be the weather. Hope it's a good'un.

I had a Leeds Pale Ale before the away game last year, an excellent brew. Hopefully this is the same.

Drinking a Harviestoun IPA after work. 6.6% and hoppy as hell for a cask ale.

Not one of my favourites from the leeds Brewery. There again I don't particularly like dark beers all that much.

Have you had anything from Northern Monk? Seen a few of their beers about recently, been meaning to try them out.

Not one of my favourites from the leeds Brewery. There again I don't particularly like dark beers all that much.

Have you had anything from Northern Monk? Seen a few of their beers about recently, been meaning to try them out.

No I haven't. Also there is Whippet from leeds which I haven't had the pleasure yet.

The Midnight Bell was decent. A strong mild with chocolate, dark fruits and a hint of Dandelion & Burdock.

Had some quality beers tonight;

Celt Experience, La Tene - a low abv dry-hopped pale ale. More like a lager, with it's super dry finish. Nice bitterness with a very hoppy, piney citrus aroma and flavour.

Mad Hatter, Nightmare on Bold Street - a very rich coffee milk stout. Super smooth, very thick and rich. Bags of flavour, really sweet ice cream feel to it. Couldn't have too much in one go though. Too decadent.

Howling Hops, Rye Wit - not as amber or wheaty as the name would suggest - more of a modern IPA. This one is an absolute beauty. Amazing tropical, sweet fruity aroma that delivers on taste. Pineapple, mango, lime, lemon and a hint of banana with a slight bitterness from the Belgian yeast. Best IPA I've had since Buxton Axe Edge. I've also discovered that they have a tank bar at their brewery in Hackney where they serve directly from the conditioning tanks. Don't get much fresher than that!

Great Heck - Apocalypse Brau. A black & tan. Quite nice.

Actually it's a lot better than 'quite nice' now I'm halfway through it. That might be the 6.1% talking though.

Ballast Point - Grapefruit Sculpin.

Too much grapefruit. Just about crosses the threshold. Much prefer the regular Sculpin.

Brewdog - Born To Die 27/11/15. I was in Edinburgh yesterday so had to stop by Bottledog and pick up another bottle of this because I loved it so much the first time. It's fucking perfect. It's so pungent, this room will be smelling of hops for weeks. Big, dank, old school West Coast IPA. Massive pineapple, grapefruit, gooseberry, pine, pithy orange, really dank cannabis. BD love their Nelson Sauvin and they've clearly stuck a boatload of it in this beer, really shines through. Hands down the best IPA I've ever had.

Sounds right up my street. Hook us up Stan.....

It is fucking amazing too be fair, I might order myself a bottle and I'll get you one Will

Back