• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

The Worcester Sorcerer is really good for £1.25 a bottle. Bargain.

The Titanic Plum Porter is a nice drop Stan. Never tried the Raw stuff but had good reviews.

Be an effort to drink the board in one sitting though!

Just nice to have a good boozer a mile down the road. Shame about the hill on the way home though!

Ossett Brewery brew some excellent ales. Inception is superb.

Magic Rock has launched its range of canned beers. Need to get my hands on some Cannonball cans.

Moor Beer Mor' Hop. Absolutely superb.

Bristol Beer Factory Saison was good too.

Moor Beer Mor' Hop. Absolutely superb.

Bristol Beer Factory Saison was good too.

I had the Moor beer last night was lovely.

Just picked up 6 bottles of Mud City Stout for £9.50 from Home Bargains

Magic Rock has launched its range of canned beers. Need to get my hands on some Cannonball cans.

What else are they canning? I love Magic Rock, everything about them is top class.

A few Forepure -Amber ale for the journey back. Everyone raves about their session IPA & their Pils but this is their best beer for me. Picked up a few Ballast Point - Sculpin from Brum Brewdog as well, looking forward to seeing if it lives up to the hype.

Just picked up 6 bottles of Mud City Stout for £9.50 from Home Bargains

Nicely done mate. It really is a superb stout.

I've just had an awesome few beery days up in Stockport. Went to a couple of craft beer places. More like bottle shops with a half dozen keg lines. Some ace beers and pretty decent prices. First place was Bottle - https://twitter.com/bottlestockport - An old victorain terraced building with seating for about 20-30 in the front area, a wall of bottled beer in the back and a small bar with 8 keg taps. Had the following:

Quantum, American Amber Ale - really getting into amber/rye beers a the moment. Must be autumn kicking in!
Black Jack, Snake Eyes - standard pale but it was a bit lifeless but I think it was the end of the barrel.
Summer Wines, Mauna Kea (Hawaiian IPA) - Really sherberty lemon and lime refresher bar of a beer. Felt a duped when I found out it was from Yorkshire though!

Also picked up a bottle of Buxton Wyoming Sheep Ranch Double IPA and a Brewdog Hardcore IPA for £3.70 each, which I thought was decent.
12193616_10156366754695647_4347077822127685489_n.jpg

Then we went to Heaton Hops which was a bit more pub-like with a couple of cask hand-pulls and about 8 keg lines. I had a Cloudwater Red Ale, which again was absolutely spot on. Not sure what the prices were like as it wasn't my round, but they were selling the Wyoming Sheep Ranch bottle for £5, which was a touch steep. They seemed to have a better range of beers on though. From memory the keg lines were serving, amongst others, Beavertown Neck Oil, Cloudwater Red Ale, Thornbrige Cocoa Wonderland - they also had the fabled Wyoming Sheep Ranch on key-keg in the cellar. Very cool.

Anyway, the following day we brewed up our Christmas Porter (which won't actually be properly conditioned until the end of January) using a shit-tonne of malts, roasted malts, dark crystal malts, black toasted malts and chocolate malt; Galea, Goldings and Fuggles hops with cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg added after the boil. It was bubbling up like a bastard the next day, so all is looking good. Can't wait until it's ready!

Oh and I just got my Honest Brew box with 8 (well, 7 as they have ballsed up) free beers. Will get the out the box later and see what there is...

12190069_10156372510770647_6283935108743109915_n.jpg

From left to right:
Hammerton - Geist Weiss
Howling Hops - Rye Wit
Signature Brew - Unfiltered Vienna Lager
Redchurch - Hoxton Stout
Buxton - SPA
Wiper And True - Triptych No. 10
Wiper And True - Coriolis
Cloudwater - Red Ale
Redchurch - Shoreditch Blonde
Pressure Drop - Pale Fire
Howling Hops - Pale XX
Weird Beard - No More Bright Ideas

Oooh I just spotted Honest Brew stock Madness from the Wild Beer Co, got to order me a load of that.

The Heller Schlenkerla Weizen Smoked Wheat looks nice too, I'll throw some of that in. Love my wheat beers.

Unbelievable. The Grove in Huddersfield has Bathams!

Blimey - any good? Unusual to find it that far away.

Dunno. I will let you know tomorrow. I can't recall Bathams being 'up here' before. I will struggle to sleep tonight!!!!!!!!

Have a few Bathams then - that'll help!!

I won't get the chance until tomorrow though. I hope it hasn't all gone by then.

Mission acomplished. Me, in the tap room in The Grove, Huddersfield?
0511f7ec1dd188e8641df3b3fee65afb.jpg

Back