• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I've not tried that one. Doesn't sound particularly up my street anyway so I'll leave it alone.

Stocked up on a few a Boondoggle's at Lidl this morning.

Got a Worcester Sorcerer too given your recommendation above!

Sadlers Peaky Blinder is quite nice IIRC.

Got a Worcester Sorcerer too given your recommendation above!

It's your classic British golden ale, done really well.

On the Marston's New World Pale Ale on keg in the Clarendon and it's tasting superb. Clean, crisp, refreshing, quenching and hoppy. A damn good drop.

If any of you ever end up in a Zero Degrees restauraunt/micro brewery I'd highly recommend the wheat beer and mango beer. Beautiful drinks.

Cloudwater is also a phenomenal wheat beer. Looking to get hold of some of that ASAP.

I need to get back to Bristol ASAP as well, amazing drinking city.

If any of you ever end up in a Zero Degrees restauraunt/micro brewery I'd highly recommend the wheat beer and mango beer. Beautiful drinks.

Cloudwater is also a phenomenal wheat beer. Looking to get hold of some of that ASAP.

I need to get back to Bristol ASAP as well, amazing drinking city.
Where did you go in Bristol, Booz?

There are some top notch places but prices are getting a bit silly.

Yeah it was expensive, we were working near Yatton but stayed in the Hilton in Brizzle. Did Zero Degrees, Three Brothers and TGIs. Great food in all and SmallBar in Kings Street was a fucking ace bar.

Three Brothers is very good. Cracking beer selection.

Small Bar is my favourite - isn't as expensive as some and the beer is superb. They're opening up a new bar down the river too.

King Street is the beer hub of the city. Try the Beer Emporium next time you're here. Unreal place.

SmallBar was fucking amazing, I didn't spend a lot of time in Kings Street unfortunately though. The only other bar we did there was the King William. I might be down again in a couple of weeks, I'll have to let you know mate.

Only just got round to having my Mud City. Lovely, thick, gloopy, unctuous stout with big chocolate, coffee & caramel. A nice smooth vanilla sweetness to round it off as well. If they did an imperial version of this stout I would live inside it...

Heading up to Stockport later this week and we're having a brew day on Friday.

4rhZAe8oB-0-sla6nAT0KmwezAJaaq1icPeVL0_ppoKuhzUjoM4=w960-h540-no

Vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon porter.

Will be just about ready for Christmas, although will be nicer after a couple of months maturing.

Tiny Rebel Urban IPA from the Honest Brew box was superb.

Just trying it now. Top notch. Will definitely be keeping my eye out for more of their beers, especially after Langers' recommendation.

Got a few bottles of six°north - Tripel for later. Fast becoming one of my favourite British breweries.

The Box Steam Tunnel Vision I had a few weeks back was great.

Just had a Box Steam Derail Ale. Very sharp citrus an floral hopped British IPA. Not bad. A damn sight better than the vanilla porter and for £1.49 from Lidl it's worth the money. Decent strength at 5.2% and all.

Currently sipping a Amber Adder from Lidl's Hatherwood range. £1.25 for a 500ml 5am Saint clone. Pretty decent too. This new range from Lidl is ticking some boxes.

Just signed up for Beer Bods \0/

Box arrives next week

Good man! My penultimate beer tomorrow. I will most probably renew though. Thursdays are the highlight of my week now!

Last one of the night - Gypsy Inc, Soft Focus

American wheat beer with bags of orange. Really juicy and refreshing. Bags of fresh orange in the flavour which pairs well with the light, dry wheat base. Not normally a wheat beer fan, but this one, on a sunny day, would be superb.

Cool label too:

CBqLBh7W4AA8ThB.jpg

Back