• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Designed by James Watt's wife none the less as well

Hinterland is stunning.

BEKI is lovely but it's hard work. I think when Brewdog brew beers like the strongest canned beer ever simply for the sake of it they let themselves down a bit.

Moving on to a Siren - Calypso (Motueka) after the Wild. So refreshing. LOVE sour beer.

Do they send all free beers in one shipment? I've managed to accumulate three referrals so 12 beers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, all in your next box.

Oh, but they did tell me that the referrals that show on your account aren't necessarily accurate. It shows 4 on mine, but only 2 of those have actually bought a taster box.

That's rather confusing then! I'll send them an email too to see my status.

The number on your account shows you the nuber of people who have clicked on your link and then created an account with them, whether they have bought a taster box or not. The cynic in me thinks they do that to make you think you're going to get more free beer than you actually are, encouraging you to stick with their subscription model.

Ah, I see. Very sneaky.

Well as a minimum I should get 8 as the father has signed up through it too. Any more would be a bonus.

Still a stonking deal. Buy 9, get 8 free.

Did they tell you how many singed up and bought the taster box when you emailed them?

Cheers.

I'll probably get the box shipped ASAP for a bit of a session next weekend. I'll report back on what arrives.

The Mud City Stout was beautiful. I'm starting to get a taste for stouts and porters now. This one was very smooth. Strong coffee and chocolate flavour with a hint of vanilla. The high alcohol and yeast spice gave it a hint of dandelion & burdock too, which is a good thing. My only grumble would be that there was no head retention at all, but I guess that's due to it being bottled and adding extra fizz would not suit this beer at all. Would love this on cask.

Just a few beers I haven't tried yet...
11988711_10205283305941859_101710327404653030_n.jpg

Tiny Rebel Urban IPA from the Honest Brew box was superb.

Tiny Rebel beers are consistently brilliant in my experience.

Let us know how those Sadler's beers are Darlo. Only had the Worcester Sorcerer before which is very nice.

Had a few nice brews last night:
Emelisse, American Pale Ale - juicy, tropical and hugely bitter, but a little thin and watery, probably down to the low 3.5% abv
Beavertown, Neck Oil - much more balance with some pine and grassy flavour. Much more crisp and less bitter than the Emelisse.
Running Beer, Howling Hops - a hoppy brown ale. Slightly toasty malts with bags of juicy citrus hops. Very nice little number.
Then I ruined it all by having a Box Steam Brewery, Funnel Blower Vanilla Porter from Lidl. Rank. Flavours were artificially strong and plasticity. No subtlety or depth at all. Avoid.

The Box Steam Tunnel Vision I had a few weeks back was great.

Well this stuff was rotten!

Back