• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

A couple of days max. It's best consumed at a party in a single session really.

A couple of days max. It's best consumed at a party in a single session really.

Nine pints of Jaipur in a single session? I'd give it a go but the consequences may not be pretty.

Perhaps by more than one person :icon_wink:

BeerBods night again... This week is a bit different. Inveralmond, Blackfriar - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/inveralmond-brewery-blackfriar/

blackfriar.jpg

It's a Scotch Ale; big, dark, thick, sweet, malty and alcoholic. Should be good for a November night...

My Beerbods ran out last week. Haven't renewed it yet as I'm going to a gig in Perth tomorrow and will drinking Inveralmond all night. Blackfriar is lovely but not their best effort IMO (their Belgian beer De Mons is fantastic).

I'll definitely renew in time for next week though, Wild Goose Chase is one of my favourites from Wild Beer Co.

Loving this one, malty caramel chocolate with an alcohol kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed that one. Old fashioned boozy ale. Hints of banana, liquorice, caramel and chocolate in the body with a slight tangy bitterness to balance things out. Huge alcohol warmth on the finish. Can imagine supping a couple of these in the Christmas evenings.

Had some cracking beer this weekend.

Higlights were:

Wild Beer Epic Saison - super crisp and refreshing with a lovely hoppy flavour
Cloudwater Red Ale - fucking LOVE this beer. Sweet amber body, super tropical hops. Ace.
Orval - bottle from from Lych Gate (their draght line-up was a bit uninspring) - fairly dark reddy brown, slightly funky yeast, spicy and sweet body, strong abv with plenty of floral and citrussy bitter hop flavour
Wiper & True, Quintet - Proper punchy IPA. Fruity, citrusy, tropical, sweet and piny.
To-0l, Reparationsbajer - Very drinkable APA, mostly tropical citrus hops but a hint of floral going on too.

Had a Black IPA from Greene King in the Lych Gate which to me just tasted like a stout with a hint of liquorice, pretty lame really. Call it a Black IPA and you expect hops! Other disappointing beer was a Wadworth, Swordfish from the Combemere which is a blend of 6X Bitter and Pusser's Navy Rum. Didn't work for me at all. Too strong a flavour which I found a bit sickly. Had a decent porter from there though - Batemans, Colonel's Whiskers. Nice hints of chocolate and coffee with some dark fruit sweetness running through.

Also had a Buxton SPA but I was really let down by it. I was expecting a junior version of their Axe Edge, but this was nothing like that. Smelt a bit too funky and was way too lemony. No balance to it. Having read other reviews, I'm not sure that I didn't have a bad bottle to be honest. Have got another in the shed, so will have to see if that one's the same.

I visited the Lych Gate for the first time on Saturday for pre-Marilyn Manson drinks with my Dad & brother (my Dad wasn't going to the gig BTW, he just happened to be in town for a few drinks). It's a nice little pub, I can see why so many on here drink there.

This months Beer52 arrived today, a bit annoyed with them. They've just launched a new feature where you can edit your taste preferences and, feeling a bit wintery, I went for primarily dark beers (Brown Ale, Belgian Strong Ale, Red Ale, Porter, Stout, Black IPA were my picks). What did I get? 5 IPAs, a Red IPA, a Belgian IPA, 2 Pale Ales and a token Stout (which sounds fucking amazing tbf).

As I type this I've just got an email saying my Honest Brew has been shipped though and it sounds awesome.

Left Hand - Black Jack Porter
Mad Hatter - Milk Stout
x2 Five Points - London Smoke
x2 Left Hand - Milk Stout
Founders - Porter
Cloudwater - Porter
Forepure - Beartooth
North Coast - Stout
Brooklyn - Brown Ale
x2 Forepure - Oatmeal Stout
x2 Lervig - Betty Brown
Anchor - Big Leaf Maple
Five Points - Hook Island Red
Anchor - Brekle's Brown Ale

You paying full whack for those boxes now Lycan?

Only had the Hook Island Red and the Betty Brown from that list (unless that Mad Hatter Stout is the "Nightmare on Bold Street"). Both were ace.

I visited the Lych Gate for the first time on Saturday for pre-Marilyn Manson drinks with my Dad & brother (my Dad wasn't going to the gig BTW, he just happened to be in town for a few drinks). It's a nice little pub, I can see why so many on here drink there.

It's a great little boozer. I just wish they were a bit more adventurous with their line-up. Added a few more bottles etc.

You paying full whack for those boxes now Lycan?

Only had the Hook Island Red and the Betty Brown from that list (unless that Mad Hatter Stout is the "Nightmare on Bold Street"). Both were ace.

Going to cancel the Honest after this one gets here. Apart from this months fuck up (which I'm sure will still be nice) Beer52 have been awesome and Beerbods are always good (I just wish it wasn't on a Thursday which is shit for me). I can just about afford to keep both boxes going at the same time.

Yeah, it's the Nightmare on Bold Street. I've had it before (from Beer52 maybe?) and I wasn't a fan so I'll be interested to try it again. Really looking forward to the Hook Island & the London Smoke (7.8% smoked porter), everything I've had from Five Points has been top notch.

It's a great little boozer. I just wish they were a bit more adventurous with their line-up. Added a few more bottles etc.

They've always had BCA on when I've been in there, not the most exciting brewery but always good brews IMO. BFG is nice and Pig on the Wall is quite good for a mild.

Just had one of the pale ales from Beer52, First Chop Brewing Arm - AVA. Pretty disappointing. Advertised as 'beautifully hoppy' but there's not much about it.

Back