• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

If the binary warrior needs an assistant, let me know :D

I'm Nick Clegg of the beer world....

The Oracle is nice. Light clear straw colour and a sweet malt/citrusy aroma. Really sweet biscuity taste and a big punch of lemon/peach hops without much bitterness. At 4% it's brilliantly sessionable, very easy drinking. Like an alcoholic Lipton Ice Tea!

It's nice and light. A bit thin maybe for my liking, but it'd be killer from a cask. Refreshing and crisp with enough sweetness to provide the balance. Would be a cracking pre-match pint.

It's really lemony. Maybe a little too much? There's something that's not quite tickling my plums...

Ballast point - Sculpin

Tropical fruit, 7% IPA perfection

I've just drunk:-

Monty's Mischief and Monty's Sunshine - (Monty's Brewery, Montgomery, Powys.)

They were OK but can't say I thought they were exceptional in any way.

Anyone know of any decent pubs in Blackburn for next Saturday?

Was up in Stockport over the weekend and ended up helping my brother-in-law brew up his first ever batch of home brew (we accidentally put twice the amount of crystal malt in, so it will be horrible!). Anyway, I have always been put off by it as it seems very complicated, however going through the process has given me the bug and I want to get into it myself!

Now, my house is way too small and cramped to run a full scale operation. No storage for a 5 gallon fermenting bucket for a start, but I have found this - http://www.firebox.com/product/5831/Brooklyn-Brew-Shop-Beer-Making-Kits - Designed for small New York apartment kitchens. It's the full brewing process, but it only makes 1 gallon at a time. Very tempting, very tempting indeed.

Got a Groupon for a £7 1 month subscription to Beer52.

Delivered today, you get 10 beers, a magazine (???), a snack and a bottle opener.

The Beers were:
Natural Selection - Bitter Descent (Which is insanely good btw, thrilled that this was in the box as the bottle I picked up the other day was the last on the shelf and it's a limited edition beer)
Wiper & True - Quintet
De Molen - Hamer & Sikkel
Firebrand - Black Saison
Gypsy Inc - Soft Focus
Brewfist - Terminal Pale Ale
Panda Frog Project - Pandamonium
Celt Experience - Le Tene
North Union - Pale Ale
Chorlton - Woodruff Berliner (looks amazing)

Very happy with that.

Impressive.

Not tried that one from the Celt Experience yet, let me know how it is please.

Will do, looks nice. 3.5% dry hopped pale bitter apparently.

Got a Groupon for a £7 1 month subscription to Beer52.

Delivered today, you get 10 beers, a magazine (???), a snack and a bottle opener.

The Beers were:
Natural Selection - Bitter Descent (Which is insanely good btw, thrilled that this was in the box as the bottle I picked up the other day was the last on the shelf and it's a limited edition beer)
Wiper & True - Quintet
De Molen - Hamer & Sikkel
Firebrand - Black Saison
Gypsy Inc - Soft Focus
Brewfist - Terminal Pale Ale
Panda Frog Project - Pandamonium
Celt Experience - Le Tene
North Union - Pale Ale
Chorlton - Woodruff Berliner (looks amazing)

Very happy with that.

That's not bad for £7!

Presume the deal has expired, Lycan?

Yeah where was the link at the time?!

I'm sure I posted a link to it. Just checked and it's sold out now.

Back