• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I've only got one bottle of Punk IPA in at the moment.

Good news is it is payday tomorrow so will be able to restock, and my next 24 case should be arriving from BrewDog today/tomorrow.

How does he taste?

40cea1252c340c9e115b2eb3f58d1eed.jpg

Good news is it is payday tomorrow so will be able to restock, and my next 24 case should be arriving from BrewDog today/tomorrow.

I had a bottle of the 5am Red IPA the other day. £1.75 in Sainsbury's. It was absolutely delicious.

I had a bottle of the 5am Red IPA the other day. £1.75 in Sainsbury's. It was absolutely delicious.

5am is awesome, really like it.

Loads of red fruit, nice and malty but still got that hop kick at the end. One of my favourite BrewDog beers.

You get what you pay for....

Exactly.

Jammy Bugger. Do you just get a mix of their 'core' beers or do they mix it up?

5am is awesome. Haven't had it (or Libertine) for ages though. Punk, Dead Pony and Hardcore seem to be much cheaper wherever I go so I usually stick with those 3.

Anyone else has Punk IPA on tap yet? Have to say it's much better in a bottle...

Anyone else has Punk IPA on tap yet? Have to say it's much better in a bottle...

I agree - I don't really like it all that much from tap but it's a nice bottled beer.

Exactly.

Jammy Bugger. Do you just get a mix of their 'core' beers or do they mix it up?

5am is awesome. Haven't had it (or Libertine) for ages though. Punk, Dead Pony and Hardcore seem to be much cheaper wherever I go so I usually stick with those 3.

Last box was a mix of Punk, DPC, 5AM, Vagabond, Libertine, Jackhammer but this next one is going to be different I think which is pretty cool

As you would imagine I have had it plenty of times on tap! I've actually had it poured fresh from the filtering line which was amazing!

From personal experience when I have had Punk on tap outside of a BrewDog bar it has never been as good. It's usually down to how it has been stored, how clean the beer lines are, how clean the glassware is etc.

As you would imagine I have had it plenty of times on tap! I've actually had it poured fresh from the filtering line which was amazing!

From personal experience when I have had Punk on tap outside of a BrewDog bar it has never been as good. It's usually down to how it has been stored, how clean the beer lines are, how clean the glassware is etc.

I think Punk on tap is better from a BrewDog bar than any time I've had it in another establishment definitely - but I still prefer it from the bottle.

I think Punk on tap is better from a BrewDog bar than any time I've had it in another establishment definitely - but I still prefer it from the bottle.

I'd agree it's a really good bottled beer

What's the Vagabond like?

I can drink a 330ml bottle of it and enjoy it but then it doesn't really do anything for me.

It's a good pale ale, and for a gluten free beer it is amazing but I just prefer the other beers.

I can drink a 330ml bottle of it and enjoy it but then it doesn't really do anything for me.

It's a good pale ale, and for a gluten free beer it is amazing but I just prefer the other beers.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case.

Excited to try "Elvis Juice" tomorrow at BrewDog's new bar in Leeds.

Came out last Friday and is a 7.2% Blood Orange IPA which is supposed to be really good!

I had some red thing from Brewdog when I was out in Brum the other weekend, wasn't really for me, still too hoppy. :(

I had some red thing from Brewdog when I was out in Brum the other weekend, wasn't really for me, still too hoppy. :(

Next time you are there get them to give you a few tasters and let them know you don't like hoppy beers and they should have something in.

We have had some really good barrel aged beers in recently and I know you like the Innis and Gunn stuff

Back