• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Citra is very nice, but I actually think the JHB I had was even nicer. A very pleasant and refreshing drink.

B&M are selling Oakham Citra for £1.79 - is it actually worth the hype you lot give it?

If you like the style then yeah, it's fantastic. Never had it bottled though.

It's decent in the bottles. Tesco do 4 for £6 near my which is handy. They have the Green Devil IPA as well in B&M

Just curious, I've never actually had anything of theirs (but will do tonight) so it'll be interesting to see how the world's largest craft brewer holds up.

Seen it in quite a few shops and the Weatherspoons chain of pubs, but only really noticed the brand since I came back from the US in December.

How was it?

Siren - Soundwave IPA. First beer I've had from Siren and it's fantastic. Really cool design on the bottle as well. Definitely lives up to the hype.

They are selling Titanic beer in our local tescos, bought 12 bottles of iceberg because it would have been rude not to.

Nice drop is Titanic. Were they selling the Plum Porter?

Not that I saw, just iceberg, captain smith and white star. Iceberg is a lovely drink so just bought them all - on offer at 4 for £6

My daughter's 3rd birthday party at the weekend, so obvs had to stock up:

iRHMY-no3np4A-K3ZwKzW_rBc7-NGCJpIS0jAazKDVGmI36nEsQbRs945MxZa1zuQQuxrBCXkzcVF6_SVbEcAw=w1886-h849

Anyone had the Old Ale before? Was only £5 for 4 bottles, so thought it was worth a shot.

Picture hasn't worked - Old Ale from whom?

Machin in embedding photo fail shocker!

It's Holden's Old Ale. Got good ratings on Untappd.

Picture should be working now.

Ah yes, tried it many times.

It's very nice indeed but bloody potent. A couple of those will knock your socks off! 7.2% or something like that isn't it?

Yeah 7.2% - it'll be a nightcap I would imagine.

3rd Birthday party. Get the beers in. :icon_lol:

Just picked up a bottle of Natural Selection - Bitter Descent. Natural Selection are obviously a gypsy brewing co as it says it's brewed at Stewart Brewing in Edinburgh. It's described as an American ESB which sounds interesting.

"This year’s flagship brew – an extra special bitter amped-up to American proportions, with all-British malts and all-American hops. It’s a beer of bitter descent. Golden, with hoppy citrus notes and a slight undertone of fresh blueberry and sweet malt. Malty sweetness at the beginning followed by a strong but not overpowering bitterness at the end. ABV: 5.1%"

I don't like the rise of this pretentious nonsense printed on beer labels. So unnecessary.

No different to a tasting note on a bottle of wine?

Back