• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Yup, if you have an Imp IPA out of a can that's overly creamy or flat, it's because it's a bad beer, not because it's canned.

THat's what I'm saying! They are canning and kegging now because strong hoppy ale doesn't always work when it's not 'artificially' carbonated.

I was on the Gamma Ray last night, awesome stuff.

Had a Cloudwater - Session IPA too which was nice.

Still haven't tried Axe Edge, need to get my hands on a bottle.

Axe Edge is superb Stan.

Just having the Steam Lager. It's pretty good. Crispness that you'd expect from a lager, but a bit more rounded and full bodied from the barley malts. A slight hint of new world tropical hops. Yep, very nice actually.

Had the neck oil before this and that was really good. More citrus, wheaty, dry and refreshing.

Brewfist Spaceman IPA (from Italy).

7% smooth, punchy, bitter and a touch of grapefruit and peach. Lovely stuff.

W_Dy0-9SaGSAgPr_6a8l4UaHQYmH1sspVoj7gX_W4LI=w681-h911-no

Italian craft! Exciting.

Found an absolutely superb craft beer place in Rome last year. Amazing place.

Big over here too, mainly just the 'trendy' London breweries + Brewdog though. Some of our best breweries are mainly selling canned beer now; Beavertown, Fourpure, Camden Town, etc.
Some great beers now in cans. The ones you've mentioned above are some of my favourite. Not had a bad Beavertown beer yet.

Bottle of Brooklyn Lager here.

A classic. Love that beer.

Some great beers now in cans. The ones you've mentioned above are some of my favourite. Not had a bad Beavertown beer yet.

Only had Gamma Ray and Bloody 'Ell from Beavertown, really need to get my hands on some more. Forepure are insanely good, their Pils is one of my favourite beers atm.

Adnams - Jack Brand Crystal Rye IPA only 89p in B&M!

Adnams - Jack Brand Crystal Rye IPA only 89p in B&M!

Dunno about over there, but Aldi over here stocks Adnams, the whole range, Ghost Ship, Lighthouse, the blonde one etc, really really nice beer and only €2 a bottle, which is a great price as we usually get fleeced for nice ales.

For example, a standard 330ml bottle of Inis and Gunn here is €4.79. Each.
Real ales and craft beers on tap in bars will set you back over €6.
Having good taste comes at a price evidently...

Lighthouse is a decent drop from what I remember.

Does Sam Adams distribute over there?

Yep. Nice beer, I discovered it in the departure lounge of JFK airport

Just curious, I've never actually had anything of theirs (but will do tonight) so it'll be interesting to see how the world's largest craft brewer holds up.

Everards is very common - you can't miss it in Leicestershire.

Very much a 6/10 beer IMO - it's ok, but nothing about it really stands out for me.

Absolutely, Everards is brewed at Fosse Park at the end of the M69 and most tied houses in the East Mids are either Everards or Marstons. Tiger is a good session beer for me but that's because all the Marstons pubs carry Pedigree which I find too heavy. Everards Sunchaser is worth a try. It's a citrusy pale ale.

Anyone else on here love sour beer? Currently drinking a beer called First World Problems by Stewart Brewing which is a 6% Belgian IPA. Just stunning.

Never had it I don't think Lycan.

Back