• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I blame Google. They keep changing how Drive/Photos works.

Tonights BeerBods is a can a lager :spaz:

Redwell Brewing, Steam Lager - https://beerbods.co.uk/this-weeks-beer/redwell-brewing-steam-lager/

Cool label:
wpid-img_20150320_174439_2902-jpg.jpeg

Should be interesting I guess. Not had a craft lager before, I don't think...

Had to jump in early on Beerbods. Love a California Common and love this version of it. #betterthananchor

Cans are all the rage in the American craft scene. I'd imagine it'll take over in the UK before long, too.

Check the ingredients out Machin. Water, Barley Malt, Hops, Yeast and Unicorn Tears.

Here is the Axe Edge I got the other day (turns out you can't really share/embed Google+ content using a Google Chromebook WTF!!?!):

JI7zCl42iwcFOqzknL1Wtfx05qm2kaSz-jQmmj_lqxk=w1689-h955-no

And, to thank my mate and his Spanish mate for helping me fit two radiators last night I paid a visit to Cotteridge Wines (voted best bottle beer shop in England and less than 5 miles from where I work!) after work to try and find some Spanish craft beer. Ended up spending £30 and this is what I've come home with (after donating the Spanish bottles to my mate):

cmA2w376VU5350JPK2ceZrMH-5PRMLXETN-nIEkbAAg=w1689-h955-no

Note one of them is call Bea (my daughters name - how could I not!!)

Can't wait to get stuck in!

Cans are all the rage in the American craft scene. I'd imagine it'll take over in the UK before long, too.

Big over here too, mainly just the 'trendy' London breweries + Brewdog though. Some of our best breweries are mainly selling canned beer now; Beavertown, Fourpure, Camden Town, etc.

These are the Spanish beers I gave my mate:

Nomada Tundra:
beer_271106.jpg

Edge Powerpalnt:
beer_252965.jpg

Kinda wish I'd gotten extra for myself!

What Wiper and True have you got there?

There's a bit of a stigma attached to canned/carbonated/keg beer over here. The CAMRA lot turn there noses up at it and say it's not "Real Ale" as it doesn't have fermenting yeast provided the bubbles. I think we're starting to move on from that rigid definition these days though. "Real Ale" has been superseded by "Craft Ale" by the marketing bods.

And, to thank my mate and his Spanish mate for helping me fit two radiators last night I paid a visit to Cotteridge Wines (voted best bottle beer shop in England and less than 5 miles from where I work!) after work to try and find some Spanish craft beer. Ended up spending £30 and this is what I've come home with (after donating the Spanish bottles to my mate)

Beavertown - Gamma Ray is ace. They do a really nice Blood Orange IPA as well but I haven't tried the Neck Oil.

Williams Bros are just down the road from me. Caesar Augustus is nice, probably their best beer.

Beavertown - Gamma Ray is ace. They do a really nice Blood Orange IPA as well but I haven't tried the Neck Oil.

Williams Bros are just down the road from me. Caesar Augustus is nice, probably their best beer.

I was intrigued by the Lager/IPA Hybrid descriptor.

I used to turn my nose up at it but now I see the benefits (guaranteed seal, 100% light blockage, etc).

Still, any live beers are bottle-first here and I can't imagine that changing anytime soon, if ever.

Not tried that Machin but everything I've tried from them has been superb.

I had a Freedom lager/IPA hybrid the other week and it was revoluting.

I was reading somewhere that with the stronger ales then you need a bit of carbonation to help deliver the flavour. Flat and creamy doesn't really go well with powerful hoppy pales.

Not tried that Machin but everything I've tried from them has been superb.

I had a Freedom lager/IPA hybrid the other week and it was revoluting.

I'll let you know. I've heard their name a few times (Wiper & True) but never seem their beer before. This was the only one on the shelf tbf.

I was reading somewhere that with the stronger ales then you need a bit of carbonation to help deliver the flavour. Flat and creamy doesn't really go well with powerful hoppy pales.

I've never had a canned high-grav that didn't have the proper mouthfeel and carbonation.

I've never had a canned high-grav that didn't have the proper mouthfeel and carbonation.

Agree with Alan. You'll certainly find out when you crack open your Gamma Ray (what an awesome design on that can btw). Nothing flat and creamy about that beer at all.

Back