• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Ok, so 64oz is 3.33 pints.

555ml per can. Just under a pint each. Nice :D

64oz??? WTF does that mean?

1.89 liters worth.

Your 330mL bottles/cans are 11.2oz here. You actually get a little ripped off, domestic brews (including craft) here round up to 12oz for the same price (not that 0.8 oz is really worth fussing over).

So yeah, 3.33 pints for £1.84.

Enjoying the Everards Tiger more than I remembered. Spicy, malty bitter. Very old school, but very well done. Full bodied without smashing your face apart.

Onto the Buxton Axe Edge shortly...

Oh good lord - the Axe Edge is sublime.

Better than the Yakima, Lycan? I think it could be... I might have to crack one of them tonight to ascertain...

Just cracked open a Yakima IPA for comparison and it's neck and neck for me. The Buxton is pure tropical sweetness with a bitter edge, whereas the Yakima has a bready malt undertone and stronger alcohol flavour, with the similar citrus and sweet hops.

Both properly nice ales that I urge you all to try.

I'll get on that as soon as you ship a couple to me. ;)

Cool. What hops did you use?

A good all-rounder. A bit like Neil Emblen :D

I've never done it myself. I just know the beer wouldn't be as good as I'd want it to be!

Oh good lord - the Axe Edge is sublime.

Better than the Yakima, Lycan? I think it could be... I might have to crack one of them tonight to ascertain...

Been a long time since I tried the Yakima but I think I'd give Axe Edge the... erm... edge. The 'brewers box' for last week was just a box of 12 Axe Edge and I was pretty tempted by it, that's how much I liked it. Really want to try their Imperial IPA Double Axe (missed an opportunity to call it Battleaxe though) now as it's supposed to be even better.

Btw, I gave my dad a subscription for his birthday and I've had a peak to see what's next after my current box runs out. There are some pretty exciting beers coming up including Camden Town - IHL, which I've been wanting to try for ages, Siren - Half Mast and one from Anspach & Hobday.

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/ne...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The good news - it can't be any worse than it normally is - an utter dive of a place with no decent beers on. The lack of places to watch live sport near me is quite alarming - the Seven Stars isn't as good as it should be, although they keep a cracking pint of Enville in there. Never been to the Hare and Hounds so I don't know how well he keeps his beer, or if it's muck like Banks etc.

The bad news - a UKIP candidate? Booooo!

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/ne...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The good news - it can't be any worse than it normally is - an utter dive of a place with no decent beers on. The lack of places to watch live sport near me is quite alarming - the Seven Stars isn't as good as it should be, although they keep a cracking pint of Enville in there. Never been to the Hare and Hounds so I don't know how well he keeps his beer, or if it's muck like Banks etc.

The bad news - a UKIP candidate? Booooo!

I often find that so called sports bars/pubs quite often coincide with Banks's/Carling/John Smith's Smoothflow.

I've never done it myself. I just know the beer wouldn't be as good as I'd want it to be!

Buy a cheap kit (as in bin and siphoning stuff) and a reasonable wort (Woodforde's/John Bull) to start and then treat it like chemistry after that!

I often find that so called sports bars/pubs quite often coincide with Banks's/Carling/John Smith's Smoothflow.

Yeah, so do I. The 'range of cask ales' line in that article might be rather misleading - a few have had Jennings ales on and that's crap.

Drinking an Otley Coolships Pale and it's more smokey than Hoegaarden. I think I'm in love...

Back