• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

If anyone finds themselves in Edinburgh any time soon try and get your hands on a pint of Top Out - Smoked Porter. Smooth, smoky, burnt bacon decadence.

What did you pick up?

Greenwich Black IPA, Welsh Golden Ale by Brains Brewery, Warwickshire Amber Ale by Purity Brewery and the extra one was Organic Scottish Beer with Heather Honey by Black Isle Brewery... Started on the Black IPA

Greenwich Black IPA, Welsh Golden Ale by Brains Brewery, Warwickshire Amber Ale by Purity Brewery and the extra one was Organic Scottish Beer with Heather Honey by Black Isle Brewery... Started on the Black IPA

The Black IPA is awesome. Not tried the others but Black Isle are always good.

Would suggest the single hopped Citra, Amarillo and Mosaic beers. The British Clipper IPA, Double Hopped Citra and London Porter are really nice as well.

The Black IPA was a slow burner but I really enjoyed it...like a snowy, fizzy Guinness ; )

Had to jump in a day early on my Beerbods as I'm away down in Coventry tomorrow. Everards - Tiger (best bitter). It's cracking. Loads of biscuity, toffee malts with a bit of lemon (??) hops coming through after. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one on cask as it's very sessionable.

Everards is very common - you can't miss it in Leicestershire.

Very much a 6/10 beer IMO - it's ok, but nothing about it really stands out for me.

I'll probably give it a 3 out of 5 on the site tomorrow (pushing 3.5) so I'd agree with that. Could easily while away an afternoon drinking it

It's the first Beer Bods I've actually had before and I don't remember it bowling me over. They used to serve it in the Posada quite often I think. Still got last week's so i'll double up tomorrow, probably starting with the Tiger.

Last weeks is miles better than this one, Axe Edge probably the best beer I've had from beerbods so far.

Oooh, that's very promising!

Just in the pub and they have something called Slumbering Monk on tap. 4.5% and brewed at Market Drayton brewery.

Worth a tipple? I don't have to drive tonight so might have a wee dram.

Just in the pub and they have something called Slumbering Monk on tap. 4.5% and brewed at Market Drayton brewery.

Worth a tipple? I don't have to drive tonight so might have a wee dram.

Definitely worth having a glass or two.

Yeah Joules that's the one.

Will report back on it.

Not bad. Better than Doombar and Hobgoblin in any case.

Stronger Trooper 666 celebrates original beer passing 10-million-pint mark

Iron Maiden will release a stronger version of their Trooper beer - to mark the original brew selling 10 million pints.

The limited-edition beverage was once again created by frontman Bruce Dickinson, in association with the UK’s Robinsons Brewery.

And while Trooper, launched in 2013, sells at 4.7% ABV, the 666 version is 6.6% ABV.

Dickinson says: “Our fans have been asking for a stronger brew, and it seemed only right to do this at 6.6%.”

But he continues: “Despite the links with our song The Number Of The Beast, the name has come about as some research by historian Terry Brighton. He’s shown there were 666 soldiers who rode in the Charge of the Light Brigade during the Battle of Balaclava in 1854 – and not just the 600 of Tennyson’s famous poem.”

Brewery boss John Robinson says: “Trooper 666 is the same award-winning recipe, but brewed to a higher gravity. The result is another wonderfully authentic beer that’s packed with malt, but slightly sweeter than the original.”

Dickinson adds: “I think it tastes tremendous – and I personally prefer this straight from the fridge.”

Can't wait.

64 oz of Rolling Rock for $2.88 around here. Sure, it's piss in a can, but at that price I doubt you could buy actual urine.

64oz??? WTF does that mean?

Six pack of coke can-sized beers (I think).

Over there as well as pints, stuff is measured in fluid ounces.

Back