• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

BTW that Beer52 thing that Bear put up a few weeks ago are sending me emails. You can currently get their £24 box with 8 beers for £14 and there's an option to add another 2 beers to your box (normally £5) which is free the first month so you're getting 10 beers for £14. Not a bad offer, might order one and cancel the subscription after the first month.

Ah, wait. That was a different offer.

The Bathams in the Western last night was really on form.

It was superb actually. Just the 140 beers to try at Bloodstock. When Langers hasn't heard of a large percentage of the list it is encouraging. A journey into the beer unknown!

Just drinking a birthday beer chosen by my daughter - a Bath Ales Wild Hare. Very nice it is too.

Not tried that one from the Celt Experience yet, let me know how it is please.

Quite nice, packs a hell of a lot of flavour for such a low alcohol beer and it's got a really astringent bitterness which I wasn't expecting. A bit too herby/floral for my tastes though and I don't get any of the pineapple aroma they were going on about. Not a beer I could session despite the low abv but I'd definitely pick up another bottle if I saw one.

Just drinking a birthday beer chosen by my daughter - a Bath Ales Wild Hare. Very nice it is too.

Yeah, Bath Ales are pretty good from what remember. Usually available at Tesco in their offers. I remember seeing a gift box of three, yes three, bottles for £14 at John Lewis in the January sale! You didn't even get a glass, and I think two of the three were the same :icon_lol:

Happy birthday, by the way T-Dog. Hope you have a marvellous evening!

At the other end of the scale, I picked these three up in Lidl this evening. They've really expanded their range. The one on the left is a Belgian blonde at 6%.

Anyone had 'em?

11203700_10156061061550647_6117985389824954379_n.jpg

Had the Bornem blonde which is a fairly generic Belgian blonde ale, still better than most British muck though.

Yeh the Bornem is a decent tipple. The Blanche de Namur is good too.

Enjoying a Foundation Stone pint. Bought a 4 pint sealed 'bag' from the Lymestone Vaults (poured in front of me) , top value and bloody lovely.

Excited to try "Elvis Juice" tomorrow at BrewDog's new bar in Leeds.
Their twitter account popped up on my twitter, some of the prices on the guest beer board picture made my eye's water. Need to be rich to drink craft beer these days.

Back