• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Putting your hands on someone like that as a wind up is not on.
He’s just trying to pull him over, he’s not touching him in a sexual way. All about context for me and nothing in it at all.

He’s just trying to pull him over, he’s not touching him in a sexual way. All about context for me and nothing in it at all.
I don’t need him crucified (I haven’t been on Twitter which I’m sure is going feral over it) but I do want him to never walk that line again.

The intention may be that innocent but it might not feel that way to the victim.

I don’t need him crucified (I haven’t been on Twitter which I’m sure is going feral over it) but I do want him to never walk that line again.
I just can’t be having the overreaction i’ve seen. Everything has to have context and for me making something out of nothing with things like this undermines actual instances where it is out of order.
The intention may be that innocent but it might not feel that way to the victim.
Look at Jesus’s reaction, obviously pissed off because Mosquera tries to pull him over and then laughed it off with him. Yerson’s not gone round feeling him up has he. For me i think if i was Jesus what would i feel like and i don’t think i’m feeling like a victim in this situation and if i did there would probably be some underlying issues that i may need some support with.

We’ll find out later that they’ve been secret lovers for years. 😆

Fwiw I do think that Yerson is, at the very least, dangerously close to “feeling him up”. That’s a whole cup he lays on Jesus.

We’ll find out later that they’ve been secret lovers for years. 😆

Fwiw I do think that Yerson is, at the very least, dangerously close to “feeling him up”. That’s a whole cup he lays on Jesus.
On the still yeah it looks like he’s grabbing him but that’s where we have access to the video and reactions so we can make informed opinions. With that i’m more uncomfortable with it being labelled “sexual assault” than the action.

On the still yeah it looks like he’s grabbing him but that’s where we have access to the video and reactions so we can make informed opinions. With that i’m more uncomfortable with it being labelled “sexual assault” than the action.
I would not call it that, even in all my sensitivity. I do think that Yerson has been lucky that Jesus seems not to, either.

I just can’t be having the overreaction i’ve seen. Everything has to have context and for me making something out of nothing with things like this undermines actual instances where it is out of order.

Look at Jesus’s reaction, obviously pissed off because Mosquera tries to pull him over and then laughed it off with him. Yerson’s not gone round feeling him up has he. For me i think if i was Jesus what would i feel like and i don’t think i’m feeling like a victim in this situation and if i did there would probably be some underlying issues that i may need some support with.

How is Yerson meant to know if Jesus does have underlying issues around that sort of contact? Maybe he's been victim to something more serious in his past that we don't know about? It's something he clearly didn't need to do and whilst you'd probably say your backside is not an overly sexual part of the body it's enough of a grey area that it could be a contentious bit of contact for some people. If he just wanted to fuck around with him or move him about the way then grab him by the arm, it's a lot easier to get hold of him there rather than lean over him to grab his arse.

Losing 2 - 0 away to Arsenal doesn't sound so bad in some respects . You could argue that if we had not played them at the Emirates until say November , that Arsenal would have their team humming at that stage and it could be a much more difficult encounter .
Still - a defeat is a defeat and there's no getting away from that .
Their first goal was really disappointing from our point of view . It was really poor defending from more than one player . Sa could have done better , but which defender allowed Havertz to ghost in unchecked ? It was a standard cross and he waited to clip it in , so it wasn't as if we hadn't time to set up .
I thought Cunha could have done an awful lot better for his chance . He had Hwang to his left and didn't even see him . It was a poor effort at a shot as well . RAN too has better options , but went for the long ranger .
Their 2nd goal - we allowed them take the free kick far too quickly and far too many of our players were asleep for it . Easy to blame Sa , but we offered him no protection at all .

Not a bad performance at all to be fair given the opposition , but again our % of chances scored versus created is way too low .

One positive at the weekend was the strength of our bench , and it did not include Semedo , Traore , or Pedro Lima . Way ahead of anything we had for the last 10 odd games of last season .
We need to keep it that way though . If Guedes leaves , he needs to be replaced with a player that has played senior football .

Podence coming on and Guedes staying on the bench - you'd wonder if that means that Podence is staying and Guedes is off ?

Last edited:
From the bench, it’s quite conceivable that none of Podence, Guedes or Chiquinho are here when the window closes.

Yes, Semedo will be back in the starting 11 so Doc takes a place on the bench - Cunha will be back in so Bellegarde will be back to bench duty - and Bouba will be there too.

So without the three in paragraph 1, we’re still on the same number of players. The issue there is we’re literally 1-2 injuries away from a similar situation to last season.

I’d personally like to keep Podence. Chiq can stay if we’re not able to sign anyone better. If we do, he could go on loan again and appears to have plenty of suitors. We definitely need to add a couple more to the group, but I think we’re struggling to get the deals done we thought we perhaps could. I know there’s still time left but a window that started with promise is fizzling out.

but a window that started with promise is fizzling out.
Everyone knows that the success of a transfer window is defined by what you do on the final day...

Is Dawson fully fit at this stage ?

Before Dawson's injury woes last season he was definitely ahead of Toti in the pecking order . Everyone appears to be dismissing Dawson at no longer fit for purpose - not sure I agree if he is fully fit .

With both goals on Saturday I wonder if the same space is afforded to Saka if we are playing with 5.

Did Saka not score one against us last season very similar to the one he scored on Saturday? Or am I just misremembering, because it seemed like the sort of goal he does score quite often. He always wants to cut back onto his left foot to shoot from that sort of position, which is why RAN should have defended better knowing that's what he looks to try.

Did Saka not score one against us last season very similar to the one he scored on Saturday? Or am I just misremembering, because it seemed like the sort of goal he does score quite often. He always wants to cut back onto his left foot to shoot from that sort of position, which is why RAN should have defended better knowing that's what he looks to try.

Back