• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
That “awful section of society” I guess you are alluding to is probably not the section that will be most welcoming of this position - cis-women across the political spectrum want this clarification.
You've lost me mate.

I see it as one of the Tories many culture war policies/topics that they love to use along with "stop the boats' to stir up the most vile part of their supporters and to deflect from other issues.

I want to put the immediate caveat in that this may be clumsy and no offence is intended. I'm generally supportive of the view that 'trans women are women. I have two areas of internal conflict, which I suspect in many ways will act as a 'win' for the culture war strirrers, which are competitive sport and spaces for vulnerable women and girls.

The existence of trans-women is definitely used as a culture weapon, and made to seem both far more prevalent, and far more dangerous than that existence is. It's also become a subject that's so toxic, that it's bordering on impossible for sympathetic politicians to have nuanced conversation on the subject, and just used by gutter journalists as an opportunity for a "gotcha" moment, as well as being insanely reductive (the "I identify a penguin" type bullshit). It's let to Reform types believing that you've got a good chunk of all kids identifying as this and that and theother, and that the frequency and ease in which one may change their identity, and the loopholes and opportunities it may offer a nefarious character, and that a girl is taking a risk every time she goes to the toilet.

I'm all for it, as Andy says it'll mostly be blue on blue casualties.
Had a little look, he was doing the whole "wrong sort of Brexit" shtick, turned is straight off again...

Standing in Clacton, gives the BBC another excuse to get him on Question Time this week...

Standing in Clacton, gives the BBC another excuse to get him on Question Time this week...
Wouldn't worry about it, the bit I saw he struggled to get a sentence out without Bruce interrupting him!

Bit of a weird pick. Giles Watling got 72% of the vote in 2019 (no Brexit candidate), UKIP were a very distant third in 2017.

Who is the biggest political grifter in the UK?

BJ or Farage?

Lee Anderson has made a late dash too, given he's been with 3 different parties now!

Oh God, Mordaunt and Rees-Mogg would be fantastic.

Labour’s overall vote , according to YouGov MRP, suggests they are going to pick up roughly the same number of votes as Theresa May in 2017 but about 150 seats more than she did.

Fucking ell, I thought the bloke in that video was a young Terry Jones for a minute and I was watching a Monty Python sketch.

Farage earlier on the BBC..

"If people come to our country, don't speak our language, don't integrate in the community, then we have cities and towns that become literally unrecognisable."

Challenged for an example, he says: "I could take you to streets in Oldham right now where no-one speaks English."

It's put to him that people could speak more than one language, and he's asked if his children speak more than one language, but Farage says he won't comment on his own children and "it's pretty poor form" for others to do so.

Back