• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
Stance on Gaza.
Treatment of Abbot.
Treatment of Corbyn.
Almost constant lying.
Pivoting Right and abandoned his pledges once he'd conned the membership into voting for him.
Telling people with my politics to fuck off.
Parachuting factional allies into seats rather than bothering with any of that democracy nonsense.
Wanking on about 2nd referendums then banning any talk of Brexit once he was elected leader.
Anti-immigrant rhetoric and policies.
Continued austerity and 'difficult decisions'.

On the plus side I think 16 year olds voting is a good idea.😅
And, how would you get elected to get the tories out? It would be interesting to see your list of obscenities against any tory name, let's say from the last 14 years. Yours in good faith, a realistic and true lefty.

You can hate the Tories but also think Starmer is a cunt.
Oh I get that, and it's absolutely fine

But your realistic choice on 4th July is Starmer or Sunak

Every day you gleefully chuck up anti Starmer rhetoric. It's like you cannot bear to concede he is the least bad choice out of the two you have.

This doesn't mean you can't criticise him in government when it happens, for sure. But at the moment let the bloke get started and see where we are after 100 days surely?

Oh I get that, and it's absolutely fine

But your realistic choice on 4th July is Starmer or Sunak

Every day you gleefully chuck up anti Starmer rhetoric. It's like you cannot bear to concede he is the least bad choice out of the two you have.

This doesn't mean you can't criticise him in government when it happens, for sure. But at the moment let the bloke get started and see where we are after 100 days surely?
He is the least bad choice. Doesn't mean I have to vote for him. It's like choosing Blues over Albion.

Worth a watch/listen.

Comes across well here.

As an aside, they all do it, every politician, but the amount he uses his hands when he talk just looks odd.

On the subject of buses, the Labour battle bus was at my local high school this morning. Got an invitation to go along but the whereabouts of where it was going to be was akin to finding out where an illegal rave was to be held in the early 90s. Last minute messaging so that anyone they don’t want to find out turns up too. It’s a sterilisation of the political process not allowing any challenges of views just so that photo shoots for the press go as smoothly as possible.

Worth a watch/listen.

Comes across well here.

As an aside, they all do it, every politician, but the amount he uses his hands when he talk just looks odd.

I really buy into the serving of the people phrases. I’ve been banging on about it for the years that that the current parliamentary Conservative Party in interviews have always been more on winning elections than making all of our lives better.

For what it's worth I will be voting to Starmer, I voted for him as Labour leader too, I don't particularly like him, but you've got to hope he'll be better than this current lot of corrupt cunts.

I don't see why criticising him is an issue though? Whether he is PM or LOTO?

He is the least bad choice. Doesn't mean I have to vote for him. It's like choosing Blues over Albion.
Oh dear TP. Not voting - and the vote is something our left wing progressive grandparents and others literally fought for - is one of the major reasons the tories get in and then fed up people vote for Independents, Reform/NF/AfD/trumpers or whatever the loons are called on any particular day in any particular place. The UK and its electorate are in a right ******* mess and that's why we simply must lower our standards and get Blair Mark 2 and his team elected. Warts and all. I have my postal vote sitting here for Wolverhampton West and I have to accept what is required for the future. Please reconsider.

Last edited:
Oh dear TP. Not voting - and the vote is something our left wing progressive grandparents and others literally fought for - is one of the major reasons the tories get in and people vote for Independents, Reform/NF/AfD/trumpers or whatever the loons are called on any particular day in any particular place. The UK and its electorate are in a right ******* mess and that's why we simply must lower our standards and get Blair Mark 2 and his team elected. Warts and all. I have my postal vote sitting here for Wolverhampton West and I have to accept what is required for the future. Please reconsider.
Absolutely, there is no appetite for left wing politics for the vast majority of voting Britons.
Most want a centric or slightly right of centre government.
It might be irritating to some of us but its where we are, we will always be voting for what we see as the least worst.

Worth a watch/listen.

Comes across well here.

I listened to that on a walk yesterday and you can’t help really warming to the fella. He’s clearly a decent person and wants to do what’s right for others. That should be the fundamental requirement for someone in public office but it’s the polar opposite of the charlatans we’ve experienced recently.

I’ve no doubt there will be a few things that will have me shouting at the telly in a few months time but he seems like a breath of fresh air. I appreciate those on the hard left might not be getting the version of Labour they feel they should but Starmer knows that is pie in the sky when it comes to winning elections and intends to do the best job possible making compromises where he has to.

A vision without compromises seems a bit of an ideology to me and it looks like Starmer is prepared to kick those people into the long grass. I don’t blame him one bit to be honest.

So come on man, tell us who, and why?
You seem to criticise everything, and stand for nothing.
As my balls aren't made of glass to read things, why not state your true case?

Absolutely, there is no appetite for left wing politics for the vast majority of voting Britons.
It might be irritating to some of us but its where we are, we will always be voting for what we see as the least worst.
We need proportional representation and for the voting age to change to 16.
These two things go together. Both true so I'm not sure "progressives" will like the outcome. I can see what Keir is trying to do, it doesn't make him right of the centre - but he needs to appeal to that base. It's what Miliband tried and failed so badly at with his ten commandments on a slab (or whatever they were).

The German system of proportional representation isn't a bad one to look at though, it's what Lib Dems tried to bring in if my memory serves me right. Save 25% of the seats to top up underrepresented parties. It won't make an election fully representational but it does remove the skew that FPTP brings

Is this true? Starmer could easily poll less than Labour in 2017 and that was a left wing manifesto. But...

Every election in my adult life has been less about the detailed policies of the parties and more about a handful of issues. Thatcher and Blair both came to power on a wave of discontent, Cameron the same. 2015, a referendum promise probably shaded it for Cameron, 2017 the belief that Labour would reverse Brexit, 2019 that Gimp would make Brexit happen.

Labour could offer a radical left wing alternative and win in 2024 (they can't because they wouldn't be able to afford it/implement it). I think Starmer should have been more visionary given he has the space to work with as the cons are in free fall. I don't think that is an unwarranted criticism.

It should be more than being better than the current lot.

Is this true? Starmer could easily poll less than Labour in 2017 and that was a left wing manifesto. But...

Every election in my adult life has been less about the detailed policies of the parties and more about a handful of issues. Thatcher and Blair both came to power on a wave of discontent, Cameron the same. 2015, a referendum promise probably shaded it for Cameron, 2017 the belief that Labour would reverse Brexit, 2019 that Gimp would make Brexit happen.

Labour could offer a radical left wing alternative and win in 2024 (they can't because they wouldn't be able to afford it/implement it). I think Starmer should have been more visionary given he has the space to work with as the cons are in free fall. I don't think that is an unwarranted criticism.

It should be more than being better than the current lot.
Agree with a lot of this apart from a radical left wing Labour would still win. I think at best it would be hung, even a win would be marginal at best.

Back