• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Yeovil (H) League cup build up

personally I will be baffled if Prince play for us again

Baffled? He's easily good enough for this league if you don't shunt him out on the wing like Walter did.

We won 2 last season, stop being greedy

Baffled? He's easily good enough for this league if you don't shunt him out on the wing like Walter did.

we have so many good players now so much greater competition for places..

we have so many good players now so much greater competition for places..

On raw ability alone Prince is at least the third best central midfielder at the club (you could argue for Ronan if you think that's where he'll end up, I suppose).

It's not that I think Prince would walk into our best XI but for him to be frozen out entirely is just bizarre to me. Prince is closer to Neves and Saiss than Price, Evans, Edwards, et al.

That was two games I think.

He didn't do much at all in central midfield. A couple of decent finishes but that was about it. He wasn't bad enough to suggest we should immediately banish him Gladon style...but he paid the price for being injured when Lambert arrived and he'd already got it into his head that we needed to lose players.

I've seen nothing from him to suggest he's as good as Saiss was yesterday.

That was two games I think.

He didn't do much at all in central midfield. A couple of decent finishes but that was about it. He wasn't bad enough to suggest we should immediately banish him Gladon style...but he paid the price for being injured when Lambert arrived and he'd already got it into his head that we needed to lose players.

I've seen nothing from him to suggest he's as good as Saiss was yesterday.

To be clear I'm having to base most of my opinion on Prince as he was at Reims.

Saiss and Prince are not really similar players in truth, Saiss has always been the prototypical holding/shielding midfielder, Prince's best moments at Reims always came when he was allowed to get forward, as a sort of #8/#10 hybrid.

Defo not going to see Ruben tomorrow - according to Twitter he's just become a dad

That pass probably put his wife in Labour

i will put it on when i go out as single

Torn!

It's only £10 but I don't know if I fancy 90 mins of Dave Edwards.

Like Parkin, I also live about 18 miles from Yeovil, so know a few of their fans. Interestingly, had a conversation with a couple of Yeovil die hards this morning, they were expecting to get battered tonight. I did explain that this is Wolves and we don't really 'do' the league cup anymore so not to despair totally.

Then thought I would pop into a forum to have look what they think, but I couldn't find one that still works, Ciderspace appears to have loads of info, but no working forum since about 2011. Now that suggests real apathy since their brief foray into the championship.

All I hope is that Yeovil try to play football and not kick us off the park

Torn!

It's only £10 but I don't know if I fancy 90 mins of Dave Edwards.

I was tempted too, but had a cluster fuck of meetings this morning so will probably sit it out.

And, like you say: 90 minutes of Dave Edwards.

I am looking forward to tonight's game with interest. Based on the results of the two teams on Saturday, tonight should be relatively straightforward for Wolves - nothing less than a win. In the past, we all know that this is the sort of match we would struggle in. I know it will basically be our second-string team tonight, but even so, we still should have more than enough in the locker to see off Yeovil. I can't see another 8-2 though!

DGuY9aCXkAEQ9MR.jpg:large

Surprised to see Boly. Deslandes is either injured or toast then.

I hope Graham has a stormer, Doherty without being bad was the weak link on Saturday.

Back