• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Preston Build Up

What in God's name is Jackett talking about this morning? Spends £3m on Mason, a player he's chased for ages and now says he needs to force his way into the team. Is the man fucking barmy?

I presumed that Mason would be in the team tomorrow.

So did I. If he isn't I am going to be fucking disappointed. Again.

Jackett's selection policy is a fucking joke. Get this season over and get fucking rid. Quick sharp.

Head scratching to say the least thankfully I'm giving this one the wide birth tomorrow, simply list any motivation to watch any of our games with the current state of affairs. If there's more than 2 goals in this match tomorrow I'd be amazed.

The only motivation I have left is that I paid for my season ticket up front. If I hadn't I wouldn't be bothering any more.

Bizarre (though no more than many other decisions this season) - there hasn't been any logic used for team selection for some time so not sure why any of expected that to suddenly change.

At least there's only 16 games left to go before this season ends now so we are almost two thirds of the way through the agony

What in God's name is Jackett talking about this morning? Spends £3m on Mason, a player he's chased for ages and now says he needs to force his way into the team. Is the man fucking barmy?

We're constantly told that any player we sign needs to be as good as or better than the current players we have.

So it turns out that Mason - like Byrne and Wallace before him - are not as good as or better than the players already in the side then? Who are all - to a man - underperforming? Or is it just coincidence that they've all failed to settle? Which then suggests the other part of our 'stringent' recruitment policies is fucked as well - namely having the 'right character' for Wolves?

What a load of absolute bollocks - if he doesn't start Mason for any other reason than injury/illness then I really do give up.

..and many times when they go out on loan from this poisionous(may be wrongly spelled) they impress, get assists ala rvlp, wallace and even ismail..just play mason you retard and please have a go at home to preston. Give the fans something positive for once jackett, you have clearly lost it now!

Its reached the stage where the head coach should face a compulsory drugs test.

I can appreciate that not all signings work out, and I can also appreciate that some players fail to settle at some clubs for a variety of reasons, but I simply cannot understand why so many of our signings since we came back to the Championship haven't made an impact on the first team.

Last week's starting XI: Ikeme, Iorfa, Batth, EEL, Doherty, Henry, Coady, McDonald, VLP, Saville, Sigurdarson.

Only 4 of those 11 players didn't play for us in League 1. Iorfa has come through the development squad, but otherwise there are 3 signings that were made since we were promoted. 2 of whom have been loaned out, the other looks pretty shit and a waste of money after a bit of early promise. Oh, and our lone striker only started his 2nd game since halfway through that League 1 season. That League 1 season where we didn't think he was good enough to feature, and tried to offload him.

So if you were to show someone at the end of the League 1 season that side, and say it's how we'll be lining up in February 2015, they'd think you were off your rocker.

I wont get too irate based on an E & S article, but if Ken chooses to bench Mason tomorrow and say he needs to work his way into the team then I'll be fucking livid.

I can appreciate that not all signings work out, and I can also appreciate that some players fail to settle at some clubs for a variety of reasons, but I simply cannot understand why so many of our signings since we came back to the Championship haven't made an impact on the first team.

Last week's starting XI: Ikeme, Iorfa, Batth, EEL, Doherty, Henry, Coady, McDonald, VLP, Saville, Sigurdarson.

Only 4 of those 11 players didn't play for us in League 1. Iorfa has come through the development squad, but otherwise there are 3 signings that were made since we were promoted. 2 of whom have been loaned out, the other looks pretty $#@! and a waste of money after a bit of early promise. Oh, and our lone striker only started his 2nd game since halfway through that League 1 season. That League 1 season where we didn't think he was good enough to feature, and tried to offload him.

So if you were to show someone at the end of the League 1 season that side, and say it's how we'll be lining up in February 2015, they'd think you were off your rocker.

It's our three years in the PL under McCarthy all over again, isn't it? Spending plenty of money, just spending it badly (because both the coach is limited and doesn't trust new players over old ones and the players we're buying aren't actually that good).

I wont get too irate based on an E & S article, but if Ken chooses to bench Mason tomorrow and say he needs to work his way into the team then I'll be fucking livid.
Imagine the atmosphere at Molineux as well, 'livid' would be the correct word.

It's not as if it hasn't been coming for some time though. I appreciate that it's probably detrimental to the team but the fans have every right to express their anger at this idiocy.

I agree with it..

Too much despondency on here. I for one am excited, 2-0 Wolves!

On my way to the western. Going to be a cold one so let's hope for some entertainment.

You're so excited and you just can't hide it ??

Back