• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Preston Build Up

Fairy nuff.
I'll have to rely on some stats then...

I certainly don't get all thrilled when VLP gets the ball...
I kind of get ready to be disappointed.

Fairy nuff.

I can tell you it's inconsistent but there is quality in there. QPR game away he put in great crosses but we had no one on the end of them, he will have those games though where his delivery is piss poor.

Fairy nuff.

I can tell you it's inconsistent but there is quality in there. QPR game away he put in great crosses but we had no one on the end of them, he will have those games though where his delivery is piss poor.

Can remember seeing him in his first game v Norwich - superb cross for the (I think) only goal scored by Super Dave & thought we had something

Have seen him a fair number of times since & the promise has not been fulfilled - too much complication from him more often than not and a great variation in delivery.

Time will tell if I buckle and end up attending this one...

To the surprise of absolutely no-one, I am going. If we're crap I like to state my opinion from a position of strength ;)

Preston fans are hoping that Wolves fans will join them in a minutes applause for Sir Tom Finney, who died two years ago. The minutes applause is planned for the 7th. minute of Saturday's game.

Just watched KJ's Preston interview. Still no Williamson/Hause. No pointers to team selection - focusing on the positives from the transfer window. Reasoning behind the dropping of Mason was the failure against Bolton. Hope he goes for it tomorrow - would rather see a 5-4 than a 1-0. Need some entertainment tomorrow.

Preston fans are hoping that Wolves fans will join them in a minutes applause for Sir Tom Finney, who died two years ago. The minutes applause is planned for the 7th. minute of Saturday's game.

These things puzzle me. The guy was a great a legend everything you could wish for in a hero but having a clap at 7 minutes doesn't really reinforce this. Maybe it's me ...

Reasoning behind the dropping of Mason was the failure against Bolton.

Yeah, because having Mason in the team was what was wrong in the Bolton match. Maybe actually putting the ball in the net went against Super Ken's master plan. Good to see that the tactical stroke of genius of dropping him v Reading worked wonders.

It did. We didn't lose or concede.....

This might be harsh but the way we approached the Reading draw and the way Ken talked about it afterwards reminds me of the Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 under Saunders.

This might be harsh but the way we approached the Reading draw and the way Ken talked about it afterwards reminds me of the Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 under Saunders.

I'd say that is a bit harsh. We did at least have some attempts on goal last week. We had no shots on target at all in that Sheff Wed game and only two off target.

And Ken wasn't quite so effusive in his praise as this:

"It's a great point away from home. It's a clean sheet.

"It was difficult to play against them. They just bombarded long balls.

"They missed a few half-chances, but we coped well and showed spirit and determination."

Yeah, a great point. Only they overtook us in the league a few weeks later because they were trying to win games and we weren't. He did exactly the same at Crawley last season, went to Colchester, got a 0-0 with no shots, bigged it up as if he'd led Andorra to a 3-0 win over Spain. And Colchester went and finished above them.

Make no mistake, I despise Ken's management this season on pretty much every level but he's not in the same galaxy as that jizzcannon. I absolutely love the way he used to have a little dig at the opposition even after we'd failed to beat them and played no football of our own.

Ah, fair enough. I think I'd forgotten exactly how bad the Wednesday draw was.

I'd say that is a bit harsh. We did at least have some attempts on goal last week. We had no shots on target at all in that Sheff Wed game and only two off target.

And Ken wasn't quite so effusive in his praise as this:

Yeah, a great point. Only they overtook us in the league a few weeks later because they were trying to win games and we weren't. He did exactly the same at Crawley last season, went to Colchester, got a 0-0 with no shots, bigged it up as if he'd led Andorra to a 3-0 win over Spain. And Colchester went and finished above them.

Make no mistake, I despise Ken's management this season on pretty much every level but he's not in the same galaxy as that jizzcannon. I absolutely love the way he used to have a little dig at the opposition even after we'd failed to beat them and played no football of our own.
He did the same against Derby a couple of weeks later as well.

These things puzzle me. The guy was a great a legend everything you could wish for in a hero but having a clap at 7 minutes doesn't really reinforce this. Maybe it's me ...

Didn't he wear the no7 shirt for Preston. I dare say had they been playing at Deepdale this weekend, there would have been more of a tribute to mark two years since Sir Tom died.

Didn't he wear the no7 shirt for Preston. I dare say had they been playing at Deepdale this weekend, there would have been more of a tribute to mark two years since Sir Tom died.

I'd rather walk away from Molineux thinking wow their number X had a fantastic game. I'm sure Finney would want that. Surely that is the tribute in itself. My point is that Tom Finney CANNOT be forgotten much like Billy Wright CANNOT be forgotten. Having a clap is more self serving for the dickhead who promotes it and the sheep who follow suit ... I don't do sentimentality.

I'd rather walk away from Molineux thinking wow their number X had a fantastic game. I'm sure Finney would want that. Surely that is the tribute in itself. My point is that Tom Finney CANNOT be forgotten much like Billy Wright CANNOT be forgotten. Having a clap is more self serving for the dickhead who promotes it and the sheep who follow suit ... I don't do sentimentality.

I agree to an extent I think the first of these tributes mid game was probably quite spontaneous and poignant but when it's organised it just seems forced and wholly superficial.

Minutes applause because supporters can't be trusted to shut the fuck up for a minute are vomit inducing.

What in God's name is Jackett talking about this morning? Spends £3m on Mason, a player he's chased for ages and now says he needs to force his way into the team. Is the man fucking barmy?

Back