• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Huddersfield - Build Up & Match Thread

As I have almost £10 in ticket cash at the moment then might be worth my while doing so (plus will be able to use the bit I earn if I come up for the last match of a season which otherwise gets wiped out)

Now they cant go mup automatically I hope they make a few changes, rest a few with the play offs in mind. We may well already be on the beach. 0-0 again or an away win?

-----------------Burgoyne

Iorfa------Williamson---Hause----Saville

-------------Evans-----Price

Marshall---------Cavaleiro-----Gibbs-White

-----------------Wilson

Wouldn't be adverse to seeing a few more youngsters in there though.

My prediction 7 changes
Lonergan
Iorfa
Batth
Hause
Saville
Evans
Edwards
Weimann
MGW
Cav
Bod

Saville stops in as we don't have another left back who didn't play last night, Lonergan because I don't think he trusts Burgoyne, Edwards because he's Edwards and Weimann as he can't play on Saturday

I don't understand how he can't trust Burgoyne in a pointless game for us when he started him away at Anfield.

I don't understand how he can't trust Burgoyne in a pointless game for us when he started him away at Anfield.
Just my view. He didn't have a choice at Anfield, Lonergan has said there was no way he could have played in that game. Obviously if he gets picked tonight then I'm wrong.

To be honest Burgoyne isn't ready yet.....that said neither is Lonergan after 4 million games at this level so not sure what my point is...errr Play Ruddy instead maybe

To be honest Burgoyne isn't ready yet.....that said neither is Lonergan after 4 million games at this level so not sure what my point is...errr Play Ruddy instead maybe

I'd play Ruddy, at least he looks the part. Not convinced by Burgoyne myself.

I'd play Ruddy, at least he looks the part. Not convinced by Burgoyne myself.

Agree, Very surprised Burgoyne has been given first team opportunities because he is nowhere near ready. Jon Flatt is a better keeper at the moment while Ruddy has the potential to be better than both.

Burgoyne went in vs Fulham in December because he had match practice behind him whereas Flatt didn't (as he'd been sat on the first team bench and not playing U23 games).

Whether Burgoyne makes it eventually is neither here nor there for now, these are dead games, he's certainly no worse than Lonergan and there might be a small chance he can develop sufficiently to play some kind of a role for us, there is a 0% chance that Lonergan will ever be an acceptable option.

Burgoyne went in vs Fulham in December because he had match practice behind him whereas Flatt didn't (as he'd been sat on the first team bench and not playing U23 games).

Whether Burgoyne makes it eventually is neither here nor there for now, these are dead games, he's certainly no worse than Lonergan and there might be a small chance he can develop sufficiently to play some kind of a role for us, there is a 0% chance that Lonergan will ever be an acceptable option.

Oh yeah, Lonergan shouldn't play for Wolves again, pointless selection.

Harry got the shout as he was putting in some impressive displays in the U23's and a few days before his league debut had help them progress in the Checkatrade.

Any normal season we wouldn't even be discussing him as an option but Ikeme, Lonergan and Ruddy have had injuries (Ruddy for about 5 months) and Lonergan has been appalling. So when the choice had to be made between Burgoyne and Flatt, the in form one was chosen (but only after we tried to sign Sam Johnstone from Man U on an emergency loan).

Harry will be fine but he needs 2 seasons out on loan at least. He might not make it with us but he will do ok wherever he ends up.

I think we will see the best of Saiss next season if he's still here. He's been injured, away at the ACN and not really had a consistent run in the team. When he has recently he's been played with Edwards who isn't a partner at all. He's also the type of player that imo will be better with better players who stop him playing the needless balls because they give him the options he wants. I actually think he's more mobile than some give him credit for but just isn't used to the pace of the English game. I can't believe he's getting written off already when it's not easy to adapt and he has shown Newcastle (a), Reading (a) QPR (first 80 mins a) even at times in the Brighton game the other day that he is more than good enough.

If he's still here next season and he's not more consistent then i think you can write him off but i feel it's still harsh right now even though i understand the reservations others have with him.

While were on about "no breaks" is it true that Bod has been playing solidly for 2 years now without a summer break?
I heard it said on the radio a few weeks ago but may have misheard.

While were on about "no breaks" is it true that Bod has been playing solidly for 2 years now without a summer break?
I heard it said on the radio a few weeks ago but may have misheard.
Yes Norwegian season across the Summer 2015, straight to Germany, then the Euros, then to us.

Best fullback selection of the season..

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Positives:

Iorfa
Silvio
MGW

Negatives:

Lonergan
Batth
Edwards
Bod
Weimann (on the wing)

Meh:

Stearman
Price

Good to see MGW starting (though it's probably wide right with Weimann in the middle), Iorfa and Silvio gettingopportunities and Graham on the bench. Price comes in from nowhere and Batth is back with Stears. What has Hause done wrong though?

Surprised to see Silvio, perhaps he's not been completely written off? Also I thought Marshall would be rested, there was something wrong with him at the weekend. I think MGW will be left, Marshall right and Wiemann at 10.

Presume that we have a team sheet then - another set of random selections then.

Iorfa & Silvio so far out that I had forgotten that they were with us, then both back together & as said just play Hause rather than one of Batth/Stearman - at least he has the possibility of improving, the others don't really

Back