• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

18 years today since Hoddle played his final card of cowardice and scuttled away, while the nation was busy getting ready for a World Cup quarter final.
And thus 18 years and a couple of days since he ensured we gave his brother a lengthy contract.

18 years today since Hoddle played his final card of cowardice and scuttled away, while the nation was busy getting ready for a World Cup quarter final.
They say time is a great healer but where Hoddle is concerned 18 years barely scratches the surface.

As good a player as Hoddle was, as a person he was an absolute prick.

Always happy to share this on Hoddle from Teddy Sheringham

Dc5UVvDWkAA1MFJ

Didn’t know where to put this, ex wolves watch? Amusing photo watch? Anyway it’s here now.
Alan who we know loves loud terrible shirts, is already saying “shut up and take my money”
It came up on my twitter feedIMG_2016.jpeg

Bloody hell. I hope they paid him well for wearing that monstrosity!

Take me back to when stadiums were death traps and only 3 clubs averaged more than 30k.

Young'uns will never know what it was like in Mar day!

Funny that Albion take the piss out of our crowds back then, but they were only getting 9k when 2 tiers above us.

It's the weakest ammo in the world.

When they went up in 2001/02 (entirely unexpected and their best season by a distance for a good 20 years) they didn't even average 21,000. They spent the 90s averaging around 15,000.

Same season as 500,000 wolves fans watched Chorley beat us in the FA cup, same accounting used for the 2000 SAS soldiers on the Iranian embassy balcony in 1981and the 100,000 who saw the sex pistols at the free trade hall in 76?

Chorley is a weird myth, I don't know anyone who was there.

Anyone going to pipe up from on here?

8 years ago Fosun brought the club. What a wild ride it has been

Back