• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Agreed, it'll just be a series of platitudes around the great club and ambitious owner themes, there won't be anything significant or revealing

Don't see how it can be just a series of platitudes. Surely - even with the E&S - there has to be one half-competent journalist there, and the first question has to be about the manager's position. Given what's been reported about Lopertuigi they simply cannot say "we have full confidence in Jackett."

They will straight bat any manager questions. The answer will be along the lines of either "Kenny remains for now" or " no decisions as we assess the club".

I hope not, but you could be right.

It should be "thank Kenny for his service" and "want to take a new direction, fresh look at the squad"

I'd be very disappointed to find KJ still in charge this afternoon while someone with the calibre of is Bruce available. He might not be popular with some here but you need to take a look where were are. If we'd have appointed Bruce instead of Connor we'd not be in the mess we were/are.

If a long term manager ala Lopetegui isn't available, get Bruce on a 2-3 year contract and he will get us up and establish us in the PL. Then kick-on from there with a fresh approach.

At this point though KJ position has become untenable and he needs to go regardless of who his replacement is.

My guess is KJ will be staying for now. Lopetegui was clearly their guy and with him choosing Spain at the 11th hour, it's not left us with enough time to source a replacement ready to announce today.

They will straight bat any manager questions. The answer will be along the lines of either "Kenny remains for now" or " no decisions as we assess the club".

This is what I think will probably happen - an ambiguous statement regarding the manager's position not dissimilar to what KJ said post match on Saturday. Which will no doubt send the cybersphere into meltdown.

Totally expect a new man in place very soon though.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 25m25 minutes ago

Press conference is due for 12 noon. Will not be any live streaming but will be covered extensively both by the club and the media.

No stream then chaps.

I don't think he's going at this moment in time either.

I suspect that Fosun are more likely to do some proper research, and have a manager on board with buy in to their plan. As a result, we can breathe easy (it won't be Bruce). They'll take time to explore options, investigate options, before making a decision.

I don't think he's going at this moment in time either.

I suspect that Fosun are more likely to do some proper research, and have a manager on board with buy in to their plan. As a result, we can breathe easy (it won't be Bruce). They'll take time to explore options, investigate options, before making a decision.

I'd rather have Bruce in for the start of the season for a year and then implement the future plans than have Kenny Bloody Jackett and his dire football till January

Seeing as they offered Lupetegui the job and there are rumours that Marco Silva was also offered the job (but turned it down) it would seem that they are actively seeking a new manager. I would expect Ken to stay in charge until the new man is found whether that's for a week or a few months. Personally, I'd like a new manager in place for the start of the season but I would prefer another month or two of Ken's dire football then an exciting new manager appointed than giving Bruce the job now just to get somebody in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kenny gone and Rob Edwards put in charge in the interim until a new coach is appointed.

Kenny with a semi decent squad with players such as Afobe, Dicko & Sako - Some bloody good football
Kenny with a squad without those players and no direction at the club - Defensive - do not get relegated and play it uber safe - shite style

If Kenny is staying (I prefer he didn't) here is hoping the signings bring in quality of the 3 we lost last season (obvs 1 is still with us but is still a bit from starting) and Kenny lets loose again. Infact, if he is kept in charge and he replicates last season he will deserve to be sacked within 5 mins of the 1st game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kenny gone and Rob Edwards put in charge in the interim until a new coach is appointed.

I would have expected an announcement by now if Kenny was going.

I think Jackett will have been told about Fosun's plans, and I'm convinced it will be that they want things done their own way, so thanks for all you've done etc but we will be bringing in our own man imminently. Not a particularly nice thing for Jackett to have to deal with, but these things happen - and he'll have been expecting this since Morgan first put the club up for sale.

I don't think they'll announce his departure during the press conference, that'd be a bit classless. I think this afternoon will be interesting, but not the all singing, all dancing flashing lights manager sacking player unveiling carnival some seem to want.

Just to give some perspective on today's press conference, when Fosun bought the French Butlin's it seems that they did not replace the CEO. It cost them just over €900M. Why do so many people expect them to take a hands on approach with a small investment like Wolves?

I would have expected an announcement by now if Kenny was going.

Aye. He had that meeting yesterday, there would've been rumours flying all over if they'd sacked him.

They've already replaced the CEO.

Way I understood it was that Shi & Sun would be Fosun's representatives on the Wolves board, they wanted Mox to remain as CEO but he stepped down so they're now looking for a new one.

Kenny with a semi decent squad with players such as Afobe, Dicko & Sako - Some bloody good football
Kenny with a squad without those players and no direction at the club - Defensive - do not get relegated and play it uber safe - shite style

If Kenny is staying (I prefer he didn't) here is hoping the signings bring in quality of the 3 we lost last season (obvs 1 is still with us but is still a bit from starting) and Kenny lets loose again. Infact, if he is kept in charge and he replicates last season he will deserve to be sacked within 5 mins of the 1st game.

Was just going to post something similar. Jackett had us playing some attractive stuff in the first season or two that he was here. Clearly last season tested many Wolves fans resolve - and I'm not going to sit here & attempt to defend KJ because we all know his shortcomings last season were uncacceptable. But when your squad/team is ripped apart in the way it was:

Sacko & Dicko sold (KJ would have been as happy about this as the rest of us)
Graham long term injury.
Dicko long term injury.
Zyro long term injury.

Etc.

His key players were taken away from him in testing circumstances and although the majority of us agree, he should have done better - I do feel for him.

I'm sure with proper investment & proper recruitment, he can turn it around and get us playing some good stuff again. HOWEVER, it's clear he will be replaced sooner rather than later - and it's clear he's aware of that. Fair play to him for his professionalism throughout.

Back