• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Louise Taylor who covers the North East for the Guardian and knows him from his Sunderland days suggested that he wanted a sabbatical as four years of commuting from Birmingham (where he still lives) to Hull has taken it out of him.

I like the look of Marco Silva as boss - if we taking the continental route that is. At first team level he seems to have greater pedigree/experience (that Lopetegui) despite only being 39. Anyone who has a win ratio of 79% over a season must do lots of things right, regardless of which league it is.

I think the Bruce links are just a coincidence and lazy jouralism (shock!) and besides i think it would be a short sighted view as has been mentioned he isn't that good in the PL for where these owners want to take us.

I keep thinking it's just lazy linking in the press as well - but then, I remember a lot of us saying that Jackett wouldn't be hired to replace Saunders, just because he happened to quit Millwall around the same time by chance. I certainly didn't think it would be him until right up to the point he was announced.

Whatever manager is installed they will still be under Mendes, that bloke will be dictating who comes in won't they ?

I would prefer Mendes recruiting to Thelwell!

Whatever manager is installed they will still be under Mendes, that bloke will be dictating who comes in won't they ?

I doubt it, i think we will obviously have easier access to his clients but it would be incredibly naive of us to just have him recruiting. We still need someone to do that whether it be a new manager or someone in a director of football style role.

I doubt it, i think we will obviously have easier access to his clients but it would be incredibly naive of us to just have him recruiting. We still need someone to do that whether it be a new manager or someone in a director of football style role.

I think that'll be it. Mendes will probably 'recommend' this player or that player to Thelwell (or whoever they bring in) but I doubt he'll be involved much more than that.

I like the look of Marco Silva as boss - if we taking the continental route that is. At first team level he seems to have greater pedigree/experience (that Lopetegui) despite only being 39. Anyone who has a win ratio of 79% over a season must do lots of things right, regardless of which league it is.

I think the Bruce links are just a coincidence and lazy jouralism (shock!) and besides i think it would be a short sighted view as has been mentioned he isn't that good in the PL for where these owners want to take us.

I like the sound of him too, but have a horrible feeling KJ will still be in charge come this time tomorrow evening. If he is then I hope he proves me wrong, but I can't see it.

Do we actually expect much to be revealed in the press conference tomorrow? Or will it act as more of an introduction to the new owner? I suspect the signings may follow later in the week, rather then straight away.

Half preparing myself for a damp squib tomorrow.

Agreed, it'll just be a series of platitudes around the great club and ambitious owner themes, there won't be anything significant or revealing

That article mentions Bruce having gone to the states on a holiday. Wrong time to be taking a holiday if he was a candidate, we are already behind the other clubs as it is. Can't be waiting another week on a manager sunning himself.

I think most fans are only waiting to hear one thing at the moment.

Is a press conference arranged for today? someone mentioned 12 o'clock is this right

Yes its at 12.

Does anyone know if it will be streamed live on the internet? I'll be traveling down to Exeter and thought I might pop into the services and watch it (slightly sad I know)

Probably just Twitter updates, unless Radio WM broadcast the audio?

Thanks Tredman I'm on holiday so if its streamed I will deffo want to see it!

WM via TuneIn might be a good idea. Will try that.

Back