• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Was just going to post something similar. Jackett had us playing some attractive stuff in the first season or two that he was here. Clearly last season tested many Wolves fans resolve - and I'm not going to sit here & attempt to defend KJ because we all know his shortcomings last season were uncacceptable. But when your squad/team is ripped apart in the way it was:

Sacko & Dicko sold (KJ would have been as happy about this as the rest of us)
Graham long term injury.
Dicko long term injury.
Zyro long term injury.

Etc.

His key players were taken away from him in testing circumstances and although the majority of us agree, he should have done better - I do feel for him.

I'm sure with proper investment & proper recruitment, he can turn it around and get us playing some good stuff again. HOWEVER, it's clear he will be replaced sooner rather than later - and it's clear he's aware of that. Fair play to him for his professionalism throughout.

Jackett and Wolves knew months (a year) in advance that Sako was off if we didn't go up and didn't replace him...Instead we pissed £2m on Connor Coady, another central midfielder and not an important purchase. That money would of bought a more than competent left winger but instead Jackett stuck Edwards etc on the left. He clearly believed he didn't need to replace Sako and then played EIGHT players out of position before falling lucky with Jordan Graham so forgive me if I don't think he was hard done to last season.
He did well seasons one and two and, as per his usual m.o was found out in season three. Cheers Kenny, bye Kenny

Jackett and Wolves knew months (a year) in advance that Sako was off if we didn't go up and didn't replace him...Instead we pissed £2m on Connor Coady, another central midfielder and not an important purchase. That money would of bought a more than competent left winger but instead Jackett stuck Edwards etc on the left. He clearly believed he didn't need to replace Sako and then played EIGHT players out of position before falling lucky with Jordan Graham so forgive me if I don't think he was hard done to last season.
He did well seasons one and two and, as per his usual m.o was found out in season three. Cheers Kenny, bye Kenny

How much was KJ involved in recruitment, though? The fact we spent £3m on Mason and then KJ didn't play him makes me think he probably wasn't involved as much as a Manager should be.

Anyway, my point being if Jackett ends up in charge for a month or two while we find a suitable replacement, it won't be the end of the world. He's had us playing good football before and I'm sure with the right investment and players on board he can do it again. Either way he will be leaving. It just won't be worth the massive and inevitable overreaction if it doesn't happen today.

Kenny has announced the squad for the Pre-Season game tomorrow and is talking about the Swansea game. I would probably forget about him being sacked right now.

Going with the kids v Northampton, similar to the Cork game
Lonergan, Flatt, Odoffin, Hayden, Johnson, O'Hanlon, Leak, Upton, Byrne, Herc, Coady, Ronan, Hunte, Collins, Enobakhare, Ennis, Wilson.

Just because Kenny jacket didn't tell every reporter, like some managers, that would listen that the club had let him down by not finding a replacement for Sako, does it mean he didn't think it or tell Moxey that.

I know you've had to suffer some appalling football this year and I haven't even on TV (no lower division football reaches these shores) but can you be so certain that Jackett was happy not to have a replacement for Sako?

How much was KJ involved in recruitment, though? The fact we spent £3m on Mason and then KJ didn't play him makes me think he probably wasn't involved as much as a Manager should be.

Anyway, my point being if Jackett ends up in charge for a month or two while we find a suitable replacement, it won't be the end of the world. He's had us playing good football before and I'm sure with the right investment and players on board he can do it again. Either way he will be leaving. It just won't be worth the massive and inevitable overreaction if it doesn't happen today.

I don't think he'll be around for that long, but I do agree with the sentiment. I expect a t'internet meltdown if - as expected - they don't announce he's leaving.

Just because Kenny jacket didn't tell every reporter, like some managers, that would listen that the club had let him down by not finding a replacement for Sako, does it mean he didn't think it or tell Moxey that.

I know you've had to suffer some appalling football this year and I haven't even on TV (no lower division football reaches these shores) but can you be so certain that Jackett was happy not to have a replacement for Sako?

He had two replacements for Sako. Wallace & Ojo.

Disappointing if that's right, he's already been as good as sacked once, it's a perfect time for a clean slate.
I just don't see the point in plodding on for a couple of months when we will have already have lost enough games to rule out automatic promotion.
Just doesn't make sense.

Disappointing if that's right, he's already been as good as sacked once, it's a perfect time for a clean slate.
I just don't see the point in plodding on for a couple of months when we already have lost enough games to rule out automatic promotion.
Just doesn't make sense.

It does if we've no-one ready to replace him.

So frustrating if that is the case. His position is completely untenable, everyone knows that he's going to be replaced sooner or later. I would rather we installed Edwards or Gill as caretaker rather than have Ken there just marking time, even if it took a full season to find the right man.

It does if we've no-one ready to replace him.

How does he raise the players if they know he holds no authority as he's off soon? Now he's fielding an U21 in a pre-season warm-up game, it's just so random again, no system, no plan, no clue.

Not so sure it is really, couldn't be any worse than last season.

So you'd rather we got rid of KJ with no replacement lined up? What happened when we did that with Mick and ended up with TC? Some fans literally never learn (and have very short memories).

As I say, I am not trying to advocate keeping Kenny Jackett. He is clearly being replaced and that is the right decision. But as shite as last season was - KJ has proven he can get a team playing decent football before, with the right players, and we would be better keeping him for the interim period until a suitable replacement is found.

How does he raise the players if they know he holds no authority as he's off soon? Now he's fielding an U21 in a pre-season warm-up game, it's just so random again, no system, no plan, no clue.

The players obviously know like we do that he was gonna be replaced by Lopetegui, not sure how they can get much motivation from a lame duck Manager.

Now he's fielding an U21 in a pre-season warm-up game, it's just so random again, no system, no plan, no clue.

He did the same v Cork. He is going 1 game full of 1st team and 1 game with the majority of the U21's close to the 1st team. Then next week it is all about the players who will be used in the opening games of the Season.

and with our current squad being short on players, that is a pretty sensible move IMO

It's just keeping things ticking over until stuff happens. We badly need players and we badly need stability as he alluded to at the weekend. I reckon he's just been asked to hold the reins until things get sorted. It's not like we can postpone the start of the season until we're ready.

No way he's staying on indefinitely.

Can we not sack him without a replacement being lined-up?? If he's not the man for the new guys, then what's the point of him boring the hell out of pre-season games. If it's just a case of fitness, then KJ isn't really required for that.

So you'd rather we got rid of KJ with no replacement lined up? What happened when we did that with Mick and ended up with TC? Some fans literally never learn (and have very short memories).

As I say, I am not trying to advocate keeping Kenny Jackett. He is clearly being replaced and that is the right decision. But as $#@!e as last season was - KJ has proven he can get a team playing decent football before, with the right players, and we would be better keeping him for the interim period until a suitable replacement is found.

Fair enough although the euphoria that greeted the takeover news last week will soon disappear if, as is likely, it all goes tits up at Rotherham.

I think they're certain to stick with him until they have a replacement lined up.

I imagine it's the sort of thing Jez would suggest to them as well. of course it's their prerogative to do something different, but in the absence of a replacement it would be logical to use Kenny to give the pre-season some added focus and direction.

The Fosun logo > The Money Shop

CoM9OueWEAAmEMO.jpg

That'd look so much better on our kit.

If we are keeping Kenny on, it won't be on a "whilst we sort out someone else". He won't have a lot a room to play with in terms of results, a minor slip and he will be gone but he certainly won't be a weird kind of full time caretaker manager.

Back