• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

At least he's got a winning mentality :)

There's a report in a Greek paper (can't do links on this thing) saying that Silva (and Bruce) are in the running for the Wolves job. It's dated 7.00PM yesterday.
It does seem odd that the tweet says Silva didn't even consider Wolves given he had previously considered Forest and Lopetegui was taking the job, so it's obviously got some attraction.

Surely the new owner must have realised after the Port Vale bore draw that Jacket needs the boot. This is Jacket's squad, and his style of play.
Time to move on from mediocrity.

Frank to sack a manager, never in a million years...im all for long term solution, if it is a good one though..not KJ

I suppose that Kenny knows he's going, but maybe forcing our new owners hand. Kenny would have been gone now, if Lopertegui had come to Wolves. Kenny needs to get the push, so he can get a new managers job for next year.

Will Bruce want to drop down to Championship now hs star is on the rise again ?

Martinez would.

Maybe they keep Kenny on as caretaker only until they find the right man. Silly to rush such an important decision. Kenny seems to have zero ego, and knows the writing is on the wall.

I'll be extremely disappointed if Kenny remains both with the new owners and with his own lack of pride.

Let's hope Bruce's 'star' has risen well past the point of managing Wolves.

May as well keep Jackett on until a replacement is found, which for all we know could happen tomorrow.

Tbh I'd rather put up with KJ for longer if it meant we got a top quality manager rather than bin him off for someone like Bruce

Simple fact is that as far as the Champ goes Bruce IS top quality. We're looking at fat belly Steve Bruce. If he was called Silvio Brucettino with a record of 3 promotions and a Cup final we'd all be wetting ourselves

I wouldn't say he was top quality. Considering the players he had last season, I thought Hull should have performed better. I am sure he could get us promoted but with the new owners I am hoping for a more exciting appointment than Steve Bruce.

We played Hull in April and they looked bloody awful.

Having said that I thought Bruce was the favourite to be Wolves new manager, otherwise why would he leave Hull now, I understand that there is a strong story about his wife asking him to retire after he didn't get the England job.

They are away on a family holiday in the US at the moment and retiring at the age of 55, or thinking about it, means that he may have a fitness problem.

Of course this is total supposition on my part, so we'll see what happens.

He (as far as I can see) was rightfully pissed off at Allam for cancelling takeover talks and leaving him with 13 fit pros and no chance to go into the transfer market. Hull are likely to get absolutely humped next season.

Now, this doesn't mean I think Bruce is Arrigo Sacchi. I don't. But I sympathise with his decision to walk. I don't think he is the solution here if the project is intended to be top flight challenging. He can do mid-table there for one, maybe two seasons, and then it goes to shite.

Back