• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

I wouldn't have Hodgson or Martinez at the top of my list. I've always thought Martinez was overrated and would prefer somebody a bit less 'old school' than Hodgson. Having said that, both of those are clearly an upgrade on Jackett.

I'd be happy if we employed someone like Flores...He got Watford out of this division

I'm sure you know that was Jokanovic not Flores. Having said that Flores would get us out of the division. Wouldn't mind Bobby M but 3 seasons is his limit. I wouldn't want Hodgson at all, a tired, one paced manager who plays attritional football at club level. No thanks.

Martinez has tried his best to ruin the best English defensive prospect in the country. I don't want him anywhere near Iorfa and Hause.

He's an absolute fraud.

As for mentioning Bielsa! FFS!

I'd snap your hand off for Rowett right now.

Martinez has tried his best to ruin the best English defensive prospect in the country. I don't want him anywhere near Iorfa and Hause.

He's an absolute fraud.

Yep - Rowett would be great choice, but wonder if the new owners have the knowledge of English football to go for him?

He's an absolute fraud.

I don't get the love for Rowett, he overachieved with average players playing average football. He's never had money to spend and we don't know how his football would change because of this. I think he's Pearson-lite without the lunacy.

I don't think he'd leave Rangers but I'd like Warburton if we could get him.

I reckon we'll end up with a foreign manager who hasn't managed in England before.

I personally wouldn't want Hodgson. He's of a similar managerial style to Jackett, albeit at a higher level. I'd like us to appoint a younger more progressive manager who is actually in touch with the modern game.

I'd like to see an attacking manager brought in so we can buy players and have a go by scoring our way to the top.

So no to Martinez and Hodgson for that philosophy.

Martinez would fit your brief, he only plays attacking football, nothing else. Doesn't have a clue how to close a game out.

Maybe but he also plays stupid formations and can't organise a decent defence to save his life. Plus won't change even when it's obviously shit.

Due to urgency, we will choose a manager I assume European who is currently out of work

AVB - Portuguese so likely to know Mendes

Wilmotts - Whose agent is Mendes - very little club experience so no thanks

De Boer - Ex Ajax boss

Michael Laudrup ??

I'm not advocating him :icon_lol:

I'm saying if attacking football is your main requirement then he would fit the bill. You just have to not care about the same mistakes making you leak goals all the time.

Due to urgency, we will choose a manager I assume European who is currently out of work

AVB - Portuguese so likely to know Mendes

Wilmotts - Whose agent is Mendes - very little club experience so no thanks

De Boer - Ex Ajax boss

Michael Laudrup ??

I can't see how there's any realistic change of getting AVB or De Boer.

If we go European I fully expect somebody more along the lines of Carvahal at Wednesday.

The statement from the new owners emphasising the academy, plus Lopetegui's career as mostly a coach at (international) youth level, makes me think that we're not going to end up with a "big name". More someone with the profile currently of, say, Paul Clement, before he went to Derby. A rising star in European coaching, Spanish or Portuguese, would be my guess, with a track record of working with younger players - because Fosun are undoubtedly going to be planning on pumping out even more players from the youth setup now with big new investments there.

It smacks a bit of the new owners expecting Lopetigui to become the new Manager and the players he identified ready to bid for.
Taking the Spain job may have set the Manager situation back a bit, I guess we'll find out on Monday.

Back